Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens vs. Maple Leafs | SN | October 8th, 2014 | 7:00PM

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Wonder where this enthusiasm would have been had the Leafs not played the Wings so well the last 2 games.

This thread would have been very gloomy lol

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
no, it's regular season hockey, Leafs hockey. For the first time in 6 months. We could have went 0-8 in the preseason and have 23 Ashton's on this team and I'd still be excited.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Can we change this whole (losers), seems like a jinx waiting to happen..

You have to respect your opponent in order to beat them.

Agreed, just keep it simple. If you want to do something do it outside of the OP.

what's up with the title? The Losers? That's a 10 year old type of insult. If you can't think of anything creative just leave it at the Smurfs, or even just the Habs.

It was a joke, but if you felt that I disrepected them I apologize. Trash talking rival is the best way to enjoy a rival game, no?

Delicious Dangles*

It was a joke, but if you felt that I disrepected them I apologize. Trash talking rival is the best way to enjoy a rival game, no?
Never underestimate the power of people who have sucked all fun and joy from the game through the wonderful promotion of the idea that we sucked in the sometimes far past and thus have no reason for optimism or normal rival-based fun in the present.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I could careless if you disrespect the Habs, but calling them the losers is a very lame thing to say lol.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Never underestimate the power of people who have sucked all fun and joy from the game through the wonderful promotion of the idea that we sucked in the sometimes far past and thus have no reason for optimism or normal rival-based fun in the present.

That is true, but I know in the games I've gone at the ACC versus the Habs and they encourage trash talking, and we all have a great time so it depend on well you take the insult I guess.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I put up the smurfs there first which I guess is not lame? :(

It's all for fun guys.

You have to quietly wish for them to suck, and be totally bewildered next time they make the ECF and just keep that close to your chest.

I've been doing this for many years now!!!!!

Basically I'm saying that the Habs might be a better team than the Leafs, and potentially have a better projection going off recent history. No need to compound it further.

All that matters is who wins a Stanley Cup in the modern era. That's all that matters and my god I hope the Habs do not achieve that any time soon because the Leafs need some time to get things right to have a real chance!

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 5m5 minutes ago
Randy Carlyle says Kessel gave it a try this morning and just didn't feel good.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 4m4 minutes ago
Franson said he felt about as good as could be expected during brief skate. Says knee is still badly bruised, a mix of purple and yellow.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@jonasTSN1050: Carlyle said Leafs were leaning towards starting with Gardiner-Rielly pairing, which suggests that Franson might not be ready for opener.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
@jonasTSN1050: Carlyle said Leafs were leaning towards starting with Gardiner-Rielly pairing, which suggests that Franson might not be ready for opener.

fappity fap fap.

TheThrill81*

FINALLY!!

femsmarktherockmic.jpg

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 5m5 minutes ago
Randy Carlyle says Kessel gave it a try this morning and just didn't feel good.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 4m4 minutes ago
Franson said he felt about as good as could be expected during brief skate. Says knee is still badly bruised, a mix of purple and yellow.

So...

time to panic?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Leafs first goal is going to be JVR or Kadri or Franson

I am not very worried about the Kessel injury. Let him heal properly and if he misses a couple of games it's okay. It's better he is ready to go and not back out in a few games because he wasn't 100%.

Besides, we played a good team game without him the other night, so even if we go 1-2-0 before he comes back it's not like it's the end of the world.

AlexMo89

Sep 29, 2014
Can't wait!!!! Man I have missed hockey. Hopefully the boys come out strong and play a smart game against the Habs! Should be a beauty, I'm wondering who will play and what the lines will be :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad