GDT: Canadiens visit Ducks 7PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
everytime gibson gives up a goal there's complaints about why bernier isn't playing, but when he plays great....crickets.

silfverberg was the best non goalie on the ice tonight, fully engaged.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
everytime gibson gives up a goal there's complaints about why bernier isn't playing, but when he plays great....crickets.

When your backup has a 0.933 SV% and you have a 0.912, that tends to happen.

He was good tonight. Hopefully he can build on it.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

Could have sworn a bunch of us were praising Gibby, but that was one page ago.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA

I'm normally one of the first people to bring up this point about comments regarding Gibson. I don't think that's fair after tonight's game though. Gibson played well and I feel like he was praised accordingly by posters here.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Fowler is currently sitting third in the league in goals scored by a defenseman.

I'm impressed so far. Seems like he worked on his shot. Carlyle also seems to have a positive influence on him. Hope he keeps it up.

Vatanen on the other hand... yikes!

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
When your backup has a 0.933 SV% and you have a 0.912, that tends to happen.

He was good tonight. Hopefully he can build on it.
I seem to recall last season Gibson had a better gaa and save % than Andersen much of the season but caveats were given out all the time about who they each played and how the team played in front of them and the one's sample size over the other and certain singular plays made during games but now this season rolls around and these stats alone suddenly mean much more.

Gibson's hype has definitely led him to a bit more resentment on here, his lows tend to be magnified a bit more and the topic of conversation more often and his highs are minimized a bit more and more quickly forgotten.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
^^ Don't hold your breath.

It seems like at even strength, our 2nd line is easily our best line, and our 1st line is just Getz. That second line is dominant, though - haven't seen a Ducks line consistently own the ice like that in years.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Fowler is currently sitting third in the league in goals scored by a defenseman.

Besides being more assertive offensively with and without the puck, it seems as though Fowler has put a ton of work into his ability to find shooting lanes, and into his shot in general.

^^ Don't hold your breath.

It seems like at even strength, our 2nd line is easily our best line, and our 1st line is just Getz. That second line is dominant, though - haven't seen a Ducks line consistently own the ice like that in years.

Every coach dreams about having a line like Cogs - Kesler - Silf

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
3 Stars

1 - Gibson
2 - Kesler
3 - Silfverberg

Can't argue with those 3 stars. All three of those guys were absolutely terrific last night. Personally I thought Silf had a better game than Kesler, but both were great.

Still don't like the D pairs though. That said, it's nice having a coach that recognizes that Bieksa isn't good.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Silfverberg's dangerous offensively. He's really improved his offensive positioning and his shot selection and he's getting himself open to shoot the puck, which was something he hasn't really done as well in the past.

That whole line has been our best this season. I'm hoping Perry can pick it up (he was pretty bad last night) as Rakell and Getzlaf have been doing well. That's a beastly top 6 if both lines are playing up to expectations.

Also, what's up with Theo? Sure, being on a line with Bieksa doesn't help, but he's been garbage in his own end and his strengths (transition and offensive zone play) aren't showing through at all. I don't buy that it's the coach since Theodore and Fowler circa 2010 are fairly similar players and Fowler's offensive game in 2010 was a lot better than how Theodore is playing. His offensive swagger is gone and his defensive play leaves much to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad