Rumor: Canadiens not getting fair offers for Max Pacioretty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Worse. Far, far worse.

Ehhh... not sure about that :laugh:

In the last few years here’s the record of ‘everyone knew they were bad when they happened’ deals

Hall for Larsson
Eberle for Strome

Vs

Subban for Weber
Sergachev for Drouin
Galchenyuk for Domi

... gross. No one wins there. I’ll give Edmonton the worse management crown because as bad as Bergevin has f***ed up the Habs he didn’t give up a hart trophy winner. Yet. Rebuilding with Price and Weber’s contracts on the books is going to be a taaaaalll order.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He wants to go to a fair? I'll buy him tickets to a fair in exchange for Pacioretty.
I won't go with him though, so if that's what he's looking for, I'll pass.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Its giving up some future for some now.. Pacioretty on McDavid's wing could result in an uptick in goals.. would be the thought

RNH scored more goals than Pacioretty did last year, in a similar number of games, and was pacing to outscore him even when he was carrying the corpse of Lucic around. RNH stays. If you’re going by right now, RNH is the better player.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Its giving up some future for some now.. Pacioretty on McDavid's wing could result in an uptick in goals.. would be the thought

Oilers need to add a top 6 player not trade one for an older less versatile one. Keep in mind there's a very good chance Draisaitl spends some time on McDavid's wing. RNH is much more valuable to Edmonton than Pacioretty is.

I would love Pacioretty in Edmonton but Montreal wouldn't like what I believe he's worth especially since it would be hard to re-sign him unless Montreal is taking Lucic.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
RNH scored more goals than Pacioretty did last year, in a similar number of games, and was pacing to outscore him even when he was carrying the corpse of Lucic around. RNH stays. If you’re going by right now, RNH is the better player.
Oilers need to add a top 6 player not trade one for an older less versatile one. Keep in mind there's a very good chance Draisaitl spends some time on McDavid's wing. RNH is much more valuable to Edmonton than Pacioretty is.

I would love Pacioretty in Edmonton but Montreal wouldn't like what I believe he's worth especially since it would be hard to re-sign him unless Montreal is taking Lucic.

Fair enough guys ,, probably right ,, I just thought the value might be close.. I personally would keep RNH as well.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

In the last few years here’s the record of ‘everyone knew they were bad when they happened’ deals

Hall for Larsson
Eberle for Strome

Vs

Subban for Weber
Sergachev for Drouin
Galchenyuk for Domi

... gross. No one wins there. I’ll give Edmonton the worse management crown because as bad as Bergevin has ****ed up the Habs he didn’t give up a hart trophy winner. Yet. Rebuilding with Price and Weber’s contracts on the books is going to be a taaaaalll order.
No way you can tank a season if Price and Weber are healthy. They are in a dead zone

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility that Ryan Nugent Hopkins sees that same 'uptick' with a full season next to McDavid.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Pacioretty is a future UFA. He decides who he wants to sign with next year. So he can either be traded as a rental player, or in a sign-and-trade deal with the team he wants to play for.

Unfortunately for Bergevin, no team is going to give an impact player for a rental player. And, the team that Pacioretty wants to play for is not going to give an impact player for him, when they can sign him for free next summer. Maybe they'll be willing to give a 1st and an ok prospect to get him a year earlier. Maybe a team would be willing to pay the same price to get him as a rental player.

Either way, Bergevin is not going to get an amazing return for Pacioretty. That ship has sailed. The best he can get is some decent picks/prospects, which wouldn't be bad. I just think Bergevin expects too much.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
What is a market value offer? Isn't what a GM is willing to pay for a specific player in a trade "market value"? Because market value includes things like recent performance, overall play, being good in the room, etc. And when there are questions about several of those things should it be a surprise that a players value isn't as high as you'd like?

Exactly. Market value for Montreal could be very, very far from reality.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Hall for Larsson
Eberle for Strome

Vs

Subban for Weber
Sergachev for Drouin
Galchenyuk for Domi

... gross. No one wins there. I’ll give Edmonton the worse management crown because as bad as Bergevin has ****ed up the Habs he didn’t give up a hart trophy winner. Yet. Rebuilding with Price and Weber’s contracts on the books is going to be a taaaaalll order.
The Oilers moves were precipitated by the need to shed salary and improve their defense. They also managed to get a bit younger in the process. They moved two wingers and acquired an impact defenseman and a third line center.

The Habs motives are murky. Subban for Weber takes the cake for me. It accomplished nothing but making them older. They then proceeded to trade two young players of considerable value to their organization for two left wingers while managing to bungle the opportunity to capitalize on the value of their captain--another left winger.

The Habs roster management over the past couple seasons has been far more questionable. Tell me what it actually accomplished.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miller Time

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
"How" or "Why", who cares.

Unless you meant less than 6 YEARS, and not less than 6 MIL, because Pacioretty is not signing anything below 7.5-8.0 mil a year.
Ok... so I was wrong about the value. RNH is at 6 .. so in order to make that a good value trade MP has to be in that neighborhood for it to be remotely considered... nobody seemed to like it so ... scratch it and move on :laugh:

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013
Wahhhhh other GM’s aren’t offering their best young roster players or blue chip prospects for a guy that is coming off the worst year of his career and I publicly said we will not re-sign. ITS NOT FAIR *stomps feet, holds breath, turns blue*.

Cry me a ****ing river. I feel bad for Habs fans. Their mismanagement and poor utilization of assets is almost as bad as ours.

Almost?? A jack russel terrier could coach your team to the stanley cup finals with the amount of top end talent youve drafted in the last 8 years or so. we've squandered just about everything of value we had. I'd happily trade my habs cap for an oilers hat rn. wtf

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Lol what did Bergevin think was going to happen after it was openly said they won't extend him.

Leverage gone.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Leaked or someone just threw **** at the wall and hoped it stuck ?

Unless the GM comes out and says that specifically, no matter how dumb the GM is, doesn't make it true.

Look at the number of people who already misquoted it.

No one misquoted it. Believe it or not the fact that it got out it’s out and it destroyed his value clearly. Not like bergevin came out and denied it either.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Toronto Maple Leaf fans are lol'ing at the Canadians.

Wow thanks for sharing such an important piece of information. I bet everyone here was just dying to find out what leaf fans think of the Canadiens.

Should have put a big spoiler tag on that massive revelation. I'm kind of disappointed that the mystery is now finally solved.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Thank god ChaoticOrange comes once again to the rescue - one can't forget every Oilers player is incredibly good at hockey and supremely valuable.

That's why they are such a fantastic hockey team, perennial contenders.

Reactions: Oryxo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad