GDT: Canadiens @ Maple Leafs, 7PM on CBC, TVA Sports, TSN 690 and 98,5 fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Can't believe we traded Pleks! He shut down our whole team. We probably would be up 3-0 if we still had him.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Ottawa about to lose and Arizona down 1-0 already...

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Simple question-
If what Molson is right about Bergevin being adept at knowing how to build a team...answer me this? With the league going to faster transition and pretty much phasing out “stay at home Dmen”, how did he come up with the Alzner signing? Bringing Benn in?
Because talent and faster transition is not very important, it's all about karakter and liderchip. Or something like that in Bergevin own language.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
So 26 shots against in one period is another franchise record pulverized by Bergevin team building skill.

pzGhsek.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Simple question-
If what Molson is right about Bergevin being adept at knowing how to build a team...answer me this? With the league going to faster transition and pretty much phasing out “stay at home Dmen”, how did he come up with the Alzner signing? Bringing Benn in?

Short answer. Bergevin surrounded himself with too many friends who are also the wrong people for the job.

Last night on l'Antichambre, panelist Denis Gauthier put it this way:

He calls a spade a spade and questions how Bergevin has chosen to surround himself with close friends (or good buddies, if you will) and how this business model now needs to be revised. He says that now is the time to perform a cleaning up. There are management people that should be moved or let go. He takes to task Rick Dudley who he depicts as someone who is an encyclopedia of hockey players, however, Dudley's evaluations would have been perfect 15 or 20 years ago. Gauthier says he's not so sure his evaluations are sufficiently up to date today. Gauthier makes the same assessment in respect of Larry Carrière. And then adds that Bergevin needs new advisors, be it for player evaluation, be it pro scouting or anyone within Bergevin's braintrust so as to realign the short and mid-term future of the Habs.

He added some cushioning so as not to completely destroy the individuals he mentioned, however, it didn't take away from the fact that he's the first pundit that I have heard who has openly called out Marc Bergevin's modus operandi regarding his close friendships within the management group, who has called for the heads of both Dudley and Carrière and who has called for new advisors to be brought in.

I transcribed the original word-for-word comments in French, from which I derived the above salient points.

Denis Gauthier: Y'a pas personne pour moi qui, j'vas dire, est intouchable dans l'organisation, à part Marc, qu'il (Geoff) a pratiquement confirmé qu'il serait de retour. Mais lorsqu'il dit qu'il sait que c'est inacceptable et qu'il y aura des changements, moi personnellement: Marc s'est entouré d'une gang de gars qui se sentait comfortable avec, mais c'est aussi je pense de bonnes connaissances, sans dire des chums mais on peut le dire ainsi. Et je pense que là est temps de faire un certain ménage là-dedans. Y'a des gens au 2e étage peut-être que je verrais soit bougés, tassés. Rick Dudley -- beaucoup de respect pour ses connaissances, pour ce qu'il a accompli, tout ça, peut-être moins à jour. C'est une encyclopédie de joueurs de hockey, je le sais, c'tun gars qui connaît tous les joueurs d'hockey sur la planète. Mais y serait parfait pour les évaluer il y a 15 ans ou 20 ans. J'pu certain qu'il est assez à jour (pour les évaluer) aujourd'hui. Larry Carrière, même chose. J'veux pas enlever rien à ce que ces gens-là font, parce qu'ils ont beaucoup, beaucoup accompli. Ils font sûrement un certain travail qui est très, très bon. Je pense juste qu'on aurait besoin de conseillers autour de Marc, soit dans l'évaluation de joueurs, soit dans les dépisteurs professionnels ou des gens qui le côtoient, pour ré-enligner un petit peu, le futur à moyen ou à court terme du Canadien.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Speaking of Swedish classics, I'm looking forward to this, an annual event:

26lvkk.jpg

crayfish-ikea.jpg

It's apparently real good. Missed it last year. But, they sell early-bird tickets and you only need to make sure your local Ikea store is on the list of stores offering the Crayfish Buffet.

IKEA's Annual Crayfish Buffet Is Back To Celebrate The End Of Summer
IKEA Celebrating Summer With In-Store Swedish Crayfish Parties

Yes, you are only allow to fish them in August for a couple of weeks. You eat them with a sharp aged cheese, bread (usually French style), a special crawfish sauce made with 2 types of mustard, lots of dill, little bit of cooking oil (neutral flavour), little bit of vinegar, sugar, cracked white pepper and then an aquavit from the freezer (Reymersholm Beska Droppar = bitter drops), down the hatch then ice cold beer. After singing:

Helan går
Sjung hopp faderallan lallan lej
Helan går
Sjung hopp faderallan lej
Och den som inte helan tar*
Han heller inte halvan får
Helan går
(Drink)
Sjung hopp faderallan lej

in English:

The whole goes down
Sing "hup fol-de-rol la la la la"
The whole goes down
Sing "hup fol-de-rol la la"
And he who doesn't take the whole
Doesn't get the half either
The whole goes down
[drink]
Sing "hup fol-de-rol la la"

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I mean.. we cant possibly get shutout AGAIN can we ... tis is blowing up in bergevins face so hard, he has absolutely nobody left on his side .. what in the world is he possibly going to do to TRY and fix this...since, he's staying no matter what...

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I was trying to watch the game (a drouin looked decent in the first) but I just hate those two idiots Hughson and Simpleton. Such leaf homers on a national broadcast. Rogers has ruined hockey on the CBC for me. It was bad back in the day, but its blatant now. Only way it doesn't favour the leafs is when Hugedumb is calling a vancouver game who he loves with all his heart :pcheer:

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad