Confirmed with Link: Canadiens acquire Filip Cederqvist from the Sabres (Also AHL trade Noah Laoouan for Chris Jandric)

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Wow, how could you say something like that about players like Andreas Dackell, Niklas Sundstrom and Douglas Murray?
We are collecting the stars since Naslund, we can’t be stopped.

Honest question; how can we not even have one that can play for the last 40 years? Unbelievable.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
3 pages and counting for a minor league trade involving a nobody....Only in Montreal.

#1 trending player on HockeyDB too :naughty:

1705015234520.png

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Cederqvist should also add some much needed size for Laval at the forward position. Elite Prospects lists him at 6'3" and 203 lbs.

They dont have many forwards who are both 6' or more and 200 lbs or more.

They have Condotta, Yaremko, McKay, Novak (who they just called up from 3R). There is also Légaré, but he's out for a while.

So Cederqvist should add some size. Don't know enough about him to know if he plays like a big man, but the size is there.
This is what Buffalo fans emphasized the most about this player, his physical play...

#1 trending player on HockeyDB too :naughty:

View attachment 801041
Habs fan love hockey the most

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is what Buffalo fans emphasized the most about this player, his physical play...

Habs fan love hockey the most

It's mostly that he works through traffic, not that he's really vigorous with applying his size. Maybe the move to Laval will fire him up to do that more often which would benefit his game, but mostly he's just a large forward with some SHL pedigree with scoring goals in tight areas in that league. Hope he does well for Laval.

As for Jandric, I had hopes when they signed him to an AHL deal out of NoDak last spring but they have way, way too many defensemen in the AHL with another AHL-level NCAA UDFA in Zach Metsa taking a regular spot on the AHL blueline. So Jandric has been up and down between the ECHL and there isn't a spot for a puck moving type in that environment.

Reactions: Runner77 and Nevins

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
It's mostly that he works through traffic, not that he's really vigorous with applying his size. Maybe the move to Laval will fire him up to do that more often which would benefit his game, but mostly he's just a large forward with some SHL pedigree with scoring goals in tight areas in that league. Hope he does well for Laval.

As for Jandric, I had hopes when they signed him to an AHL deal out of NoDak last spring but they have way, way too many defensemen in the AHL with another AHL-level NCAA UDFA in Zach Metsa taking a regular spot on the AHL blueline. So Jandric has been up and down between the ECHL and there isn't a spot for a puck moving type in that environment.
Thanks

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Is there a sense of potential? Assuming career AHL mid 6 guy, just wondering if anyone has heard of anyone being high on potential NHL hopes

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Is there a sense of potential? Assuming career AHL mid 6 guy, just wondering if anyone has heard of anyone being high on potential NHL hopes
I believe that he's in the same situation than Mysak, although their respective styles are different : good pro player buried under more exciting prospects. But they got some tools that could help them hang on on a fourth line if they ever get a chance. I'm just not sure that they'll ever get that chance.

Reactions: DinosaurBones

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Prediction: he will come to the MTL area and feel great that he has escaped the cultural desert that is Buffalo. He will gel well with the organization and be called up after about 20 games for injury replacement, and he will never leave. His net front presence and grit will make Anderson dispensable, and we will trade him for a promising prospect and a 2nd. Cederqvist will be cited as one of the reasons that the Habs won the cup in 2026, not by scoring, but by his grit and determination, as well as by the hidden gem phenom we get from the Andy trade. Book it!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I believe that he's in the same situation than Mysak, although their respective styles are different : good pro player buried under more exciting prospects. But they got some tools that could help them hang on on a fourth line if they ever get a chance. I'm just not sure that they'll ever get that chance.

Mysak isn't a good pro player though, he's overmatched in the AHL.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Yeah our track record with Swedes is putrid.....

Mats Naslund was pretty much the only good one we ever had.
Pretty bad when Kjel Dahlin is probably the second highest scoring Swede we’ve ever had. And he played like not even 3 full seasons! I really don’t get how they’ve been so bad at drafting there. Hopefully Engstrom breaks that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad