Prospect Info: Canadiens 2016 Rookie Tournament Thread (Sept 16th to 18th)

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Didn't he drop a bunch of weight...he weighed this a couple of years ago. Looking at some of the other guys, it looks like they're using old measurables.

At the training camp in 2013 he was listed at 6'05 237. Hudon was listed 5'10 178. Reway 5'08 170. Gregoire 6'0 187. Fucale 6'01 178. Some smal changes over the years.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Surprised Henrikson is there but glad to see Lehkonen there. With Fiore they could use some ECHL depth. Palmu would have to go back to the OHL with McNiven if they opted to sign him since he just turned 19 last month.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Will these games be shown somewhere....Web cast?

In previous years, games were shown on SportsNET or TSN.

Im sure some, if not all will be broadcast for the hockey starved Canadian public :)

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I guess it's a good sign that they see Hudon above this level/doesn't have much to learn.

imo he's ready for the NHL.

At the very least Hudon and Lehkonen should be fighting with Byron for a spot next to Mitchell and Danault on the fourth line.

Pacioretty Pleks Gallagher
Ghetto/Shaw Galchenyuk Radulov
Carr DD Ghetto/Shaw
Lehkonen/Hudon/Byron Danault Mitchell

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Maybe they sign Fiore because we didn't draft anyone from the Q this year.

Lehkonen-McCarron-Scherbak
Addison-Reway-Bitten
Pezzetta-Audette-Bradley
Palmu-Gregoire-Fiore

Sergachyev-Juulsen
Bourque-Lernout
Mete-Johnston

neil2005

May 2, 2012
No Duke? Pretty Surprising for me. Thought he'd had a contract, now now even an invitee while others like Eansor, Fiore, McCool and Palmu were....

Was Duke signed somewhere else?

He's going to the Rangers rookie camp. He was at their summer camp as well. Probably has a contract in his back pocket with them.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He's going to the Rangers rookie camp. He was at their summer camp as well. Probably has a contract in his back pocket with them.

Wow Thanks. I thought he did more than enough to get a contract following the develpment camp. Shouldn't be the end of the world...but I think he can be a very good AHL'er.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Connor Crisp is barely an AHLer, I doubt he would be ready to be an NHL bottom 6.

Having concussion problems certainly doesn't help a player, especially a physical type like Connor Crisp(71st OV 2013). I'm quite sure he's been staying in the best possible shape one can under the circumstances, having seen the progress of Arturri Lehkonen (Whose injury problems seen him drop to the Habs @55thOV 2013, 16 picks before Crisp) gives a positive note to these young prospects with concussion problems. If treated properly, given the right therapy(Time seems to heal these problems)Crisp could very well be a pleasant surprise. Experience at the AHL level of 56 games is less than a full season, missing all but the month of October last year, but he did look good in his few games played. He needs to keep his head up in the AHL where headhunting is at a premium it seems, I'm sure he's fully aware after missing last season.

As a Habs fan, having another bigger forward with good skating and defensive skillset at center is a definite plus, especially if he can excel this AHL season.:nod::nod::nod:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I also have vague memories of the name. If I recall correctly, he was one of the Junior`s highly touted early midget choices. But he ended up being a bust. Basically a lots of flash, little substance player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad