GDT: CANADIANS @ DRW

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Toilet seats and wings don't have an obvious affiliation. However animals with wings do deficate, and both wings and the toilet seat happen to be logos for NHL hockey teams. In this engagement nothing is certain as creatures with wings have been known to drown in water. Will the wings be able to drop a deuce on a lesser foe without being drawn into a vortex? With a little luck fans of detroit's hockey team will be leaving the LCA with red paraphernalia but without red faces.

Last edited:

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Jake Allen puts up his best numbers when he plays the Wings.

Career GAA of 1.99, 5-2-4 record.

Having said that, I fully believe the Debrincat revenge tour recommences tonight. 1G2A for Cat, bank on it.

Reactions: lilidk

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Montreal often plays us tough, even though they aren't very good. I think this will be a close game. 4-3 Wings, MTL gets a loser point.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Canadiens. With an "e."

(I know I'm the asshole here, but every time I saw the thread it made my eye twitch)

Reactions: aar000n

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Been happy with Lalonde's tenure for the most part. But this endless rotating is a head scratcher to me, like we know Petry isn't good enough and if everyone else is healthy he should sit.
He clearly wants all 7 defensemen to get regular playing time and not stagnate. And the more guys in the "rotation," the easier that is. Something will give eventually, injury or trade, but for now I don't think it really impacts the Wings in a negative way. I don't think any of the guy who have been sat are so much better than any of the others that the Wings are going to lose a game because Ghost sits one time.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
He clearly wants all 7 defensemen to get regular playing time and not stagnate. And the more guys in the "rotation," the easier that is. Something will give eventually, injury or trade, but for now I don't think it really impacts the Wings in a negative way. I don't think any of the guy who have been sat are so much better than any of the others that the Wings are going to lose a game because Ghost sits one time.
Which is true. And also a bit depressing, that half their rotation consists of roughly equal mediocre players.

But it's definitely better than the 90 percent gutter trash they were rolling out a few years ago.

going-for-me-which-is-nice.gif

Reactions: jaster

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He hadn't jumped out to me as "bad" for a whole game, but last game he was awful, just continuously missing defensive assignments. His head wasn't on a swivel in the D zone like it has to be, and he got eaten up. Take a breather, guy.
He was one of the worst on the ice last game. I don't fully agree with sitting him, but if this sends a message loud and clear that it won't be tolerated to be just that bad from a player that is rather important to our team at this point in the season, I hope that it is well received.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
dalem is Plausible Keats because it passes off as real

The OP was toilet humor Keats
Not wrong, but I still feel like it's plausible... in the right circumstances
This is all starting to look like a the office episode where they are trying to find the most "classy" things to do for Michael Scott's 15 or 20 year anniversary party when idris elba was trying to disband the party planning committee.

Dwight: "How's about we start with a 15 minute applause, followed by a 15 minute moment of silence?"

Michael: "Oh, I like that"

Jim: "Yeah, but is it 'classy' enough? I got it. How's about we start with a 'classy' 15 minute applause, followed by a 'classy' 15 minute moment of silence?"

Michael: "Classy"

Dwight: "That's what I said! He just keeps adding the word classy!"

Michael: "Yelling is not classy"

Jim: "De-class-a"

Michael: "French?...Classy"

***this is all from memory but the gist seems....plausible***

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Big 2 points up for grabs tonight before rolling into an Atlantic weekend. Gotta get these if we’re gonna stay on top.

Let’s wash the taste of that Rangers game out of our mouths!

Reactions: jkutswings

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Why has Maata been bad this year? Last year he was great now he's just met? Is it who he's partnered with? Is it him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad