Canadian WJ Selection Camp Roster Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Sticky said:
I dont know why your shaking your head about Burke selecting Bobby Ryan 2nd. Absolute best player in the OHL this year, incredible hands and vision, and his skating isnt as bad as people make it out to be.

I am shaking my head cause while Ryan maybe doing great, Forwards like him aren't as rare as dmen like Johnson who is truly a great great prospect.

RangerBoy said:
Calm down?Was my response disrespectful?

No i wasn't saying you were disrespectful i was joking about how everyone gets all rilled up about their teams prospects.

Guess i misplaced my smilie :sarcasm:

JrHockeyFan

May 20, 2005
Hmmmm

Sticky said:
I dont know why your shaking your head about Burke selecting Bobby Ryan 2nd. Obvisouly Jack JOhnson would have been a great pick there also, but Ryan is incredible. Absolute best player in the OHL this year, incredible hands and vision, and his skating isnt as bad as people make it out to be. Think Bertuzzi with heart.

Ryan is one of the best in the OHL. But the "absolute best"? Any comparisons are a lot closer than that. When it comes to hands and vision, Ryan is not as good as Rob Schremp. Handling and shooting the puck are where Rob excels. Bolland's shot is just as good as Ryna's. Both Bolland and Schremp are better skaters than Ryan.

Ryan has size and strength as his primary weapons. His other good skills coupled with that make him a very good player. But no way the "absolute best".

PS: His skating is not good. Sorry, but that is a fact. But he could learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad