Canada's WJC Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
If the players look small would that encourage other teams to play us more physically?
For example: If you see a big guy you tend to shy away whereas a smaller less imposing player may look like easy prey?

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
Actually, Team Canada's jersey design changes every four years (atleast that's how it has been for approximately a decade). Think about it, each time Canada has been represented at the Winter Olympics from Lillehammer, Norway-to-Nagano, Japan-to-Salt Lake City, United States-to-Turin, Italy, the jersey designs have changed ever so slightly.

As for Canada switching to the black helmets, it began at the Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games with the Men's team. They began to where those colour helmets, then they wore them at the World Cup, then the World Juniors and Women's team switched to the black helmets from the red ones. In regard to the World Juniors, I think the switch was made between the selection camp (red) and the first exhibition game (black). I don't think the helmet colour is a real problem, I mean Canada has been represented with white, red, and black helmets. It looks okay I guess, but that should not matter as long as they bring home Gold, right?

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
The new jerseys are brutal. It looks like they tried to make it look european, it just doesn't look like Team Canada out there.

BackBringCam

Nov 14, 2005
Kemptville
The mens olympic team trialed these jerseys in the summer pre-camp, they were making fun of eachother and yelling "SEGA". Some guys refused to wear them for the practices. Typical NIKE no minds, stick to what you know and quit screwing with hockey.

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
the thing is that Nike is not doing the jerseys for the NHL Reebok is. They have the new contract. So i do not know why everyone is putting this on Nike. Now I do remember that Nike does have the world teams but not the NHL teams.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
To be a little open minded about them, if they changed the stripe on the arm, to going all the way, instead of like right in the middle, it would probably look better. That being said, also glad they changed the socks and don't have the vertical stripes on them anymore.

but they're far too tight fitting...I don't mind the changed neck now either...but the gold around the hockey Canada logo is not so great either.

Also, somewhat off topic...the helmets, not a fan...I know they're the Bauer 8000(?) I believe...but now it has the Nike logo, and the Bauer logo on them.....:shakehead just doesn't look all that great

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Just for perspective:

How would HFBoards have looked back when Plante was the first to wear a goaltender's mask?

My guess is overreation, disgust, contempt of the game, doomsday rants, etc.

Think about it, folks

senskickass12

Jun 19, 2004
My vote like many others is ugly. It's not so much the form fitting part of the jersey I don't like but the stripes, that kind of distracts me from how tight they are.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
They look like they've been given 2 to 3 year old hand-me-downs. I personally hate them. This is hockey, not the 100-metre dash, the jersey's are supossed to be loose. If this was Nike's idea, then get them the hell away from hockey cause they're messing it up.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
Just for perspective:

How would HFBoards have looked back when Plante was the first to wear a goaltender's mask?

Or maybe "Hey, there's a briliant idea. Pretecting your face from 90+ mph frozen rubber pucks. What a concept."

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Scottkmlps said:
Or maybe "Hey, there's a briliant idea. Pretecting your face from 90+ mph frozen rubber pucks. What a concept."
Oh? By that logic, every NHLer should be wearing visors because "Wow, protecting your eyes from pucks and sticks, what a concept!"

Actually Plante was flamed for having it...

let's remember that this is a professional league that didn't see league-wide helmet mandation until the 90's

You'd be surprised that tradition holds more precedence than saftey

Sammy*

futurcorerock said:
Oh? By that logic, every NHLer should be wearing visors because "Wow, protecting your eyes from pucks and sticks, what a concept!"

Actually Plante was flamed for having it...

let's remember that this is a professional league that didn't see league-wide helmet mandation until the 90's

You'd be surprised that tradition holds more precedence than saftey
I dunno.
You actually think these wretched uniforms are analagous to a goalie wearing a mask?

JRock

Apr 4, 2005
Spruce Grove, AB
The Jerseys looks so European looking, but the bottom line is that Nike/Bauer is paying the IIHF and The Hockey Federations big bucks to outfit the teams so these jerseys are bit of expierement.

I must admit I don't mind the Red Jerseys and The Alternative Black Jerseys, But the White ones suck!

sbutler66

Feb 25, 2004
I prefer the socks in the second, world junior picture. This is hockey, the vertical strip and tighter form fitting shirt just doesn't work for me. At least every team in the tournament will look just as stupid. But I guess that is the optimum word, look, as long as they can perform well it's all rather irrelevant.

"the thing is that Nike is not doing the jerseys for the NHL Reebok is. They have the new contract. So i do not know why everyone is putting this on Nike."

because they are producing these jerseys. I hope Reebok pay attention and don't go this route as is the rumour for the NHL jerseys.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
Just for perspective:

Think about it, folks

Actually, I liken it to the Flyers wearing Cooperalls, and we all know the resounding success that was.

These jerseys are embarassing, especially when Team Canada's colours at home are apparently White and Black. You know there's a problem when the players meant to be wearing them kept making fun of them (and couldn't even get them on).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad