Canada's best team??

Canada's best Team?

• Total voters

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Last week the TSN Panel asked who was Canada's best team and the answers were Winnipeg, Tor and Calgary. I know I'm opening up a can of worms here but hopefully we can be civil. What team At American Thanksgiving is Canadas best chance at the cup 🫣😬😬

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
On paper it should be Calgary, as they are a deep team with high end talent and good goaltending

In reality, it's probably the Habs (lol), in a couple of years, when they finish their rebuild.

Calgary for some reasons can't pull it together.
Same for the Sens, who had a great off-season but who are sucking as of now.
Maple Laffs and Oilers have high end talents but they have no depth and will get wrecked against deeper teams
Vancouver is a mess.
Winnipeg is probably the more balanced team but to get out of the West, they will have to go against Colorado, among others, and it ain't happening.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
During the regular season it's still the leafs as it has been the past few years.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Canada's best team right now are the Leafs.
But i would prefer other teams come playoff time.

Reactions: hn777

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Leafs.

We’ll see if the Flames or Oilers can get their poop in a group.

Jets… I just don’t trust their blueline.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Leafs fairly easily. It’s a pretty low bar though outside of maybe Winnipeg.
I wouldn’t have a Canadian team in the top 6 playoff contenders. I just don’t think any of them have the D, goalie and grit to go deep when the games get tighter.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
As a Canadian I hate what all our teams have turned into.

Vancouver = Rebuild is a bad word! I need my money! we have chase the playoffs! Get some over 30 play thats trending downwards and get us into the playoffs

Calgary: same as above with giving a huge contract to a player who hasn't even played for you yet and still had this year on contract!

Oilers: We got Mcdavid! the rebuild is over lets go for cups! Lets do bad trades and give our homegrown players huge contracts even though they don't deserve them!

Jets: Is a Guy who gets cancer and then is cured for one year before it coming back the next year. With their captain getting older schefefe and Doobie looking somewhere else I think the disease will finally claim them

Leafs: Had a good rebuild going on but is addicted to people who wear Leaf Pajamas and leaf blankets. Stopped the Rebuild caserole before it finished baking

Senators: Had a cheap owner and has Mr. Magoo as GM.

Habs: Is behaving like a good boy but there is always a francophone player hovering around and waiting for them to give him a big contract.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Voted Oilers. I don't know that they're the best team per se, but I focused on the criteria of "Canada's best chance at a Cup". I think I'd bet on McDavid/Draisaitl going bonkers in the playoffs again over the other options.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Oilers. I don't know that they're the best team per se, but I focused on the criteria of "Canada's best chance at a Cup". I think I'd bet on McDavid/Draisaitl going bonkers in the playoffs again over the other options.

Toronto is the best team - but Oilers have best chance at the cup. Based exactly as you said, on McDavid + Draisaitl going crazy in playoffs, a bit like last year. I voted Oilers based on this

Reactions: Bob Barker

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I am not sure any of them are that great at the moment. If the Oilers can make a couple decent moves I think they might be the best chance at a cup for Canadian teams though, but not without a couple more moves.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I really don’t see any viable answers other than the Leafs or maybe the Jets here.
Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Montreal are all bubble team at best and not real contenders. I mean the Leafs have had their playoff struggles to put it mildly but they are right now a top 4 team so realistically it has to be them.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Edmonton might not even make the playoffs the way they're playing.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Like last season, it's the Oilers

Just like last season, Oilers are not a contender. Contender for best team in the Pacific sure, no chance at a cup. One of the worst defences in the league and no goaltending or depth scoring. It's a 2 man show.

Like last season, It's the Leafs. They're the most complete team, good goaltending, great team defence and a very good top 6 forward group. Also have cap/assets available to make a big TDL move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad