Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
I think Canada's defense will have the following:

Ryan Murphy
Ryan Murray
Dougie Hamilton
Brandon Gormley
Duncan Siemens

And then after that there are a lot of possibilities.

Yup. The last spot will be between Oleksiak and McIlrath IMO.

For centers, I see RNH, Strome, Johansen and Couturier.

That'd be unreal.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Any chance a Wings prospect makes the team? I'm thinking Sproul, Ouellet, Quine. Though being -93 birthdays, they all have another year of eligibility left after this year.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Call me a homer, but I think Joe Morrow will make a real hard push for a spot, judging by how well he preformed all-around vs. men in camp and pre-season.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Just an early prediction

Schwartz - Scheifele - F. Hamilton
Huberdeau - Strome - Toffoli
Howden - Stone - Gallagher
Puempel - McKegg - Thomas
Bournival

Gormley - Pysyk
Beaulieu - D. Hamilton
Murphy - Murray
Oleksiak

Visentin
Bunz

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
Just an early prediction

Schwartz - Scheifele - F. Hamilton
Huberdeau - Strome - Toffoli
Howden - Stone - Gallagher
Puempel - McKegg - Thomas
Bournival

Gormley - Pysyk
Beaulieu - D. Hamilton
Murphy - Murray
Oleksiak

Visentin
Bunz

F. Hamilton NO WAY.
Puempel i dont think so
Thomas he has to start playing better this year.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I thought Thomas was close to a lock, but this year so far he has been cold, both Lessio and Jenner have been better. That being said all he has to do is heat up close to camp and he has a shot.

Remember, it doesnt matter how you play in October and November, once you get to camp, they pick the best guys at camp

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Joe Morrow, Cody Ceci and Stuart Percy (two way all around defender) aren't getting enough love here.

Too many question marks with their NHL Season including Couturier, RNH, Scheifele (probably will stick all season from the sounds of it)

There are a few players who will likely be gauranteed a spot - Schwartz (I expect a huge season), Huberdeau, Strome (I expect him back in the OHL), Brett Connolly (I can't see TBL keeping him up), Ryan Spooner (gotta be there)

Other notable forwards would be: Phillips, Rattie, Toffoli, Thomas, Jenner (makes a great 3rd/4th liner), Stone (he'd fit well on the 2nd/3rd line), Lessio (love his speed especially on an energy line).

Team Canada would love to have DSP return too but he's playing well.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Howden - Strome - Thomas Scoring Line 1
Huberdeau - Jenner - Schwartz Scoring Line 2
Toffoli - Bournival - Gallagher Energy Line/secondary scoring
Danault - Reinhart - Stone Checking Line
Weal

Gormely - Murray
Hamilton - Murphy
Siemens - McIlrath
Petrovic/Percy

Visentin
Bunz

Last edited:

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Scheifele is expected to stick with the Jets all season (right from the mouth of their coach Noel).

I wouldn't be including him in another potential lineup.

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
Howden - Strome - Thomas Scoring Line 1
Huberdeau - Jenner - Schwartz Scoring Line 2
Toffoli - Bournival - Gallagher Energy Line/secondary scoring
Danault - Reinhart - Stone Checking Line
Weal

Gormely - Murray
Hamilton - Murphy
Siemens - McIlrath
Petrovic/Percy

Visentin
Bunz

Jenner wont make it. Schawrtz is a left winger so the first line would be

Schwartz Huberdeau Toffoli

Strome will be second line center Hope that Thomas gets playing like he did last year if so he will be second line Right Winger

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Scheifele is expected to stick with the Jets all season (right from the mouth of their coach Noel).

I wouldn't be including him in another potential lineup.

I would like to hear his own reaction if you would have told him that 15 months ago....with the Jets no less. He'd probably tell you to go to hell.

Ghaal

Hail satan.
Jun 17, 2011
below.
i think the first line will be huberdeau-johansen-stone

they had been great together at the training camp this summer

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Any chance a Wings prospect makes the team? I'm thinking Sproul, Ouellet, Quine. Though being -93 birthdays, they all have another year of eligibility left after this year.

I dont think any of these guys will make it this season.

Quine has been good with the u18 team before and could be a good 4th line, pker for the team next season potentially.

Sproul and oulette have some good players to beat out but I tinhk next season both of them should be right in the thick of things to be on the team.

Oulette is so good all around. Hes even showing a tougher side that Canada will like this season.

Sproul has been on such an awesome development curve that he will probably be tearing up the OHL next year as well as having a nice physical edge

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Stuart Percy has 6 pts in 7 games and is a +10. I really think he'd be great as the seventh defensemen because he's a good all round type. If someone went down due to injury he could fill in anywhere.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Cant see Columbus keeping Johansen much longer if hes going to be a healthy scratch.

Schwartz -- Johansen -- Howden
Huberdeau -- Strome -- Toffolli

Thats a sick top 6, which doesnt even include Canada's actual top 6 forwards

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Umm What about Mark Pysyk??? I mean, went late into cuts last year and is the perfect compliment IMO to any PMD. Just that positionally sound guy you want on your D.

And a darkhorse is Jerome Gauthier Leduc. 17 points in 7 games as a DEFENSMEN

Two solid sabres prospects that could be a help to the team. And I dont see so many 11' draftees making the team. I think canada would go with the 2010 draftees over them.

I would take Pysyk over Percy, and I dont even think it would be that close, but Im a homer so whatever haha

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I dont think any of these guys will make it this season.

Quine has been good with the u18 team before and could be a good 4th line, pker for the team next season potentially.

Sproul and oulette have some good players to beat out but I tinhk next season both of them should be right in the thick of things to be on the team.

Oulette is so good all around. Hes even showing a tougher side that Canada will like this season.

Sproul has been on such an awesome development curve that he will probably be tearing up the OHL next year as well as having a nice physical edge

I highly doubt Xavier Ouellet makes it, there are better defensemen just in the Q. Brandon Gormley, Nathan Beaulieu and Jerome Gauthier-Leduc are above him for sure.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
93 D corp is stacked: Hamilton, Murphy, Siemens, Murray, Percy, Ceci

Like every year its going to be a war at camp on D. Gormely is really the only lock. I expect Hamilton, Murphy and Murray to make it. Meaning the final 3 spots will pretty much be open. Oleksiak would look to have the edge, but im not really sure how he has been in Saginaw

Pysyk, Morrow, and Beaulieu will get good looks cause their the 19 year olds, but I honestly think that most of our D will be 93s

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
If Toffoli isn't there the management messed up. He's been on a completely different level then everyone else on the ice since he's been back. He's just dangling people like he's playing in peewee C. He's also been doing a fantastic job of slowing the pace down when he's controlling the puck in the offensive zone, it just seems like he can do what ever he wants with the puck right now. Also 5 goals and 5 assists in 5 games since he's been back is a pretty nice stat line, and thats without Shane Prince who's been injured since he's been returned. When Prince is healthy Toffoli could absolutely explode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad