GDT: Canada vs USA

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Have you not seen Canada’s roster? It’s below D level, it’s like G, H level.

No, I didn’t. I only knew that some top players will be absent due to the corona virus. This is also the reason why I‘m not really excited about the tournament this year. Top nations are only playing with c,d, or e-teams, there are no spectators allowed so no real athmospere in the stadium and the corona virus overshadows the relevance of the tournament.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Just playing Devil's advocate here.. reading a lot about how this is such an awful team Canada. How many of the Latvian's from yesterdays team would be good enough to make this Team Canada? Same question about this US team, how many of those guys would make this Canadian team?

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Team USA could you please destroy Canada?

Now they have hope and hope leads to bad things....

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
No, I didn’t. I only knew that some top players will be absent due to the corona virus. This is also the reason why I‘m not really excited about the tournament this year. Top nations are only playing with c,d, or e-teams, there are no spectators allowed so no real athmospere in the stadium and the corona virus overshadows the relevance of the tournament.
Yes, basically all big sports tournaments have been terrible so far without audience and spectators. They're extremely important to make athletes go that extra length. This tournament has been utter shit and I expect the World Cup in football this summer to also be a huge disappointment.

Even this NHL season + playoffs have been very lackluster.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Just playing Devil's advocate here.. reading a lot about how this is such an awful team Canada. How many of the Latvian's from yesterdays team would be good enough to make this Team Canada? Same question about this US team, how many of those guys would make this Canadian team?

I don't think anyone can really answer that for this tournament. It seems like literally ANY country could take it this year. Not gonna lie it's kinda neat.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
@Chimpradamus
Why shouldn't it have purpose.
Its not the World Cups fault if team Canada doesn't have its best players.
Same goes for other teams.

This does not deminish this Tournament in the slightest.

Reactions: GX

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, it's good someone is actually enjoying this. Then this has at least some purpose.
I don't think I"m the only one enjoying this and the NHL playoffs... but I definitely am. FTR... I'm an Oiler's fan so my teams currrently 0 and 4.lol

Reactions: Edenjung

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
This team Canada isn't playing a skilled game. They don't seem to have a game plan. What kind of players do they have in there?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
@Chimpradamus
Why shouldn't it have purpose.
Its not the World Cups fault if team Canada doesn't have its best players.
Same goes for other teams.

This does not deminish this Tournament in the slightest.
I'm not only talking about Canada of course. It's the squads of the whole tournament. These are record low squads of sadness from the big nations. But sure, it's fun for the smaller nations to have a chance to shine, so there's always something.

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
No clear cut team that is dominating this tournament. Canada needs some more reliable goaltending if they want to win a game along with more consistantcy from the whole team.
When the 4th line is putting up some good chances then that should motivate the others. No easy game tomorrow against Germany and let's hope we have 4 lines playing well then we will have a good chance. We aren't getting the offensive production 1 goal in 2 games will not cut it.

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark
I don't think I"m the only one enjoying this and the NHL playoffs... but I definitely am. FTR... I'm an Oiler's fan so my teams currrently 0 and 4.lol

You're certainly not the only one enjoying it. While I'm mostly focused on the NHL playoffs, I enjoy all the hockey I get to watch these days. Hoping Canada will start playing better though. Weak roster or not, they should be better than what they have showed so far.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

Nothing burger questions. Got nothing to do with the results of this GDT or circumstances, as to why, some players couldn’t make this tournament.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This team Canada isn't playing a skilled game. They don't seem to have a game plan. What kind of players do they have in there?
What was the final score?

When a country has to force their players to go at gunpoint, you should not get too upset when they lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad