WC: Canada vs Czechs semi final!

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Yes, but that was textbook coincidental penalty. Ref is either Pejorative Slured or was managing the game there ...
Doesn't matter. Bad retaliation penalty, ref isn't gonna miss that. As a veteran player, he needs to be smarter.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
being well-fed in first decade of 2000 is a part of that, but I know what you mean... it is a pain
Agreed, those were extremely fruiful and maybe even lucky years. The tragedy starts though when you didn't really have the chance to experience this epoch, lol.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Any Czech wanna give us your take on this flag saying: Horka nad moravou

Heat over Moravia?
Anything controversial, salty, or notable there?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Was the ref finnish or someone who learned finnish accent? Anyways just get over with the game. Wish chezia would've given canada harder time and made them use more of their "fuel".

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Canada putting the bottom six guys out for this one.

Mike Johnson is really starting to grow on me this tournament, he's growing into his role as thee colour guy for me this tournament. Funny at times, critical............I like him more each year it seems.

Yeah he’s sort of dry and sarcastic.

He’s done a bunch of Senators games this year and he grows on you.

We had Cuthbert and Ferraro before which was awesome as well.

Getting TSN for our regional games has really paid off recently.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

They sure love their John Denver over here.

They were playing it at the Fin-U.s game earlier and I immediately started laughing.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Mike Johnson is really starting to grow on me this tournament, he's growing into his role as thee colour guy for me this tournament. Funny at times, critical............I like him more each year it seems.
He is a great analyst as well. Actually has nuanced takes and doesn't always just roll with the accepted narrative at the time. Not to say he is always right but seems well thought out and knowledable.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

They sure love their John Denver over here.

They were playing it at the Fin-U.s game earlier and I immediately started laughing.
He is a great analyst as well. Actually has nuanced takes and doesn't always just roll with the accepted narrative at the time. Not to say he is always right but seems well thought out and knowledable.
I agree, he's on the ball for the most part and he has some interesting takes on what's going on.

Reactions: NyQuil

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Having watched this tournament since the 80s, I can’t remember a Canadian team looking this nonchalant and still getting to the gold medal game.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I agree - I don’t always agree with him but at least he has opinions without being a bit of a clown like O Dog or Kypreos.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Good effort in that game, young guys looked good. Seems like a streaky edition of Canada this year. Looking forward to the championship game.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
O Canada.

Youngest team at the tournament if I recall, haven’t double checked. Now off to the Gold medal game.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats Canada... zero complaints. Glad no one got hurt.

Czechs in this tourney against big 4
Lost to Sweden
Lost to Finland
Defeated USA
Lost to Canada

(lost to Austria)

I agree special teams were the difference.

I'd also argue our D is very special as well.

Good luck against Finland!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
well, good game czechs, I think it possibly could have been a different game if they had cashed in on some of those p.p's in the first but alas.

If I had to pick a star for our team today I'd pick the whole team, this was a team victory and everyone did their part.

shout out to Dreidger, he played really well when he had to.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad