Canada only dominates with centers these days ?

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Russia vs Canada Wingers is an interesting argument

Canada Top 10 Wingers (in no order): Mitchell Marner, Mark Stone, Brad Marchand, Claude Giroux, Jonathan Huberdeau, Jonathan Marchessault, Jared McCann, Zach Hyman, Jamie Benn, Tyler Toffoli..... | Now add in a few of the following centers who could play the wing on Canada (Mackinnon, Stamkos, Scheifele, Bedard, Barzal)

Russia Top 10 Wingers (in no order): Nikita Kucherov, Artemi Panarin, Kirill Kaprizov, Alex Ovechkin, Vladimir Tarasenko, Pavel Buchnevich, Andrei Svechnikov, Valeri Nichushkin, Matvei Michkov, Ilya Mikheyev/Nikolai Goldobin/Kirill Marchenko/Dmitry Voronkov
Give me Canada any day.

• Haha
Reactions: ViD

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Whats the goalie situation looking like here? I genuinely have no idea. Is Miller in contention with how hes been playing? No clue so someone fill me in

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Whats the goalie situation looking like here? I genuinely have no idea. Is Miller in contention with how hes been playing? No clue so someone fill me in

Miller is american.

As for goalies, Canada is lacking immensely: The best options include, Tristan Jarry, Carter Hart, Jordan Binnington, Darcy Kuemper, Cam Talbot and Marc-Andre Fleury,

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
There are 54 Goaltenders with 2 or more NHL wins on the season. 17 of them are Canadian, and they are as follows, listed in order of age:

Marc-Andre Fleury (1984)
Cam Talbot (1987)
James Reimer (1988)
Darcy Kuemper (1990)
Jake Allen (1990)
Scott Wedgewood (1992)
Jordan Binnington (1993)
Tristan Jarry (1995)
Adin Hill (1996)
Samuel Montembeault (1996)
Mackenzie Blackwood (1996)
Logan Thompson (1997)
Connor Ingram (1997)
Carter Hart (1998)
Stuart Skinner (1998)
Joel Hofer (2000)
Devon Levi (2001)

While perhaps not the most inspiring lot, in a short tournament, you only need 1... So throw a dart at whomever you think is playing best at the time and see what happens.

Reactions: Czechboy

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Going by pure wingers, That’s Russia AINEC
But no way they would do that. Canada has so many great centre options that they would be moving a few of them to the wing instead of leaving them off the roster. If a guy is a top centre in the league it is a fairly easy transition to the wing. Most teams do this and Canada has in the past many times. No reason to think they wouldn't in the future. In that context give me Canadas options any day of the week like I said

Miller is american.

As for goalies, Canada is lacking immensely: The best options include, Tristan Jarry, Carter Hart, Jordan Binnington, Darcy Kuemper, Cam Talbot and Marc-Andre Fleury,
You forgot Logan Thompson who I feel would be in the mix for the starting job.

Reactions: Czechboy

pizza line

May 14, 2021
Goaltending equipment is so expensive, Im not surprised why Canada is struggling with goalies.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
But no way they would do that. Canada has so many great centre options that they would be moving a few of them to the wing instead of leaving them off the roster. If a guy is a top centre in the league it is a fairly easy transition to the wing. Most teams do this and Canada has in the past many times. No reason to think they wouldn't in the future. In that context give me Canadas options any day of the week like I said

You forgot Logan Thompson who I feel would be in the mix for the starting job.

Don’t be so quick to say Canada’s forwards are far superior than anyone else’s. If even one of McDavid or Mack gets injured. The advantage swings heavily into the Americans favour. They’re about even, give a slight advantage to Canada with the generational factor. Canada’s top 4 of Makar, Toews, Morrisey, Pietrangelo lags behind America’s Fox, Hughes, Slavin, McAvoy. America dummies Canada in goaltending. Times are changing.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Miller is american.

None of those goalies are the 1-2 punch for Canada right now. Thank heaven for the Vegas Golden Knights Crease.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Russia vs Canada Wingers is an interesting argument

Canada Top 10 Wingers (in no order): Mitchell Marner, Mark Stone, Brad Marchand, Claude Giroux, Jonathan Huberdeau, Jonathan Marchessault, Jared McCann, Zach Hyman, Jamie Benn, Tyler Toffoli..... | Now add in a few of the following centers who could play the wing on Canada (Mackinnon, Stamkos, Scheifele, Bedard, Barzal)

Russia Top 10 Wingers (in no order): Nikita Kucherov, Artemi Panarin, Kirill Kaprizov, Alex Ovechkin, Vladimir Tarasenko, Pavel Buchnevich, Andrei Svechnikov, Valeri Nichushkin, Matvei Michkov, Ilya Mikheyev/Nikolai Goldobin/Kirill Marchenko/Dmitry Voronkov

You have Mikheyev and Nichuskin on here but not Kuzmenko, lol?

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Don’t be so quick to say Canada’s forwards are far superior than anyone else’s. If even one of McDavid or Mack gets injured. The advantage swings heavily into the Americans favour. They’re about even, give a slight advantage to Canada with the generational factor. Canada’s top 4 of Makar, Toews, Morrisey, Pietrangelo lags behind America’s Fox, Hughes, Slavin, McAvoy. America dummies Canada in goaltending. Times are changing.
The discussion I replied to was between Canada and the Soviets.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
If you think about it, Canada does not have the depth that excels at every position like they used to. Center clearly is the position where they are by far the best.

Other than that

I will take Russia wingers over Canada

I will take USA and possibly Sweden defense over Canada

Not much there is to say about Canada goaltending, it’s top 5 at best.

What do you think ? The world has caught up or Canada slightly declined ?

Saying Canada only dominates with centres is like saying the US only dominates with aircraft carriers.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario

That's silly, if either one of Hughes or Matthews gets hurt for the US they are up shits creek. Canada's C depth is unmatched.

McDavid
Mack
Crosby
Point
Bedard
Tavares
Schiefle
O'Reilly
Coutts
etc.

On D the top 4 is not too far off, US has a bit better depth. Goalies is USA for sure.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad