WJC: Canada 2018 Roster Talk

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
4-3 USports after scoring with 6.5 seconds left.
Hart = 2 on 10 shots
Point = 2 on 6 shots
Harvey = 2 on15 shots
Dipeitro = 1 on 5 shots
It felt like there were more shots than that on in the second half of the game. Especially against DiPietro but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Lots of praise for Formenton from media guys on twitter. Looks like he's definitely playing himself on the team.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
Hart = 2 on 10 shots
Point = 2 on 6 shots
Harvey = 2 on 15 shots
Dipeitro = 1 on 5 shots

Klague and Timmins have been good.
Thank you

The goalies looked good yesterday and seem to not look good today based on the above

I guess

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
The Gadjovich-Steel-Kyrou line was good IMO

I think they'll cut 3 forwards though.

I'll say the cuts are Kaspick, Ang, Lind or Batherson, Cholowski, Ferraro (although the fact Bob gave him praise makes me think he heard something from the HC brass) or Mahura, and Harvey

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
McKenzie just mentioned how CHL has a rule where the goalies chosen must both play. In theory, Hart, DiPietro and Point could all make it.

Cuts at 815-830

bigmackattack

Oct 15, 2017
IMG_3511.JPG

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
funny how Comtois is best fwd line while Lafreniere is still in the Q.....

Harvey was best goalie in russia-canada series and been excellent

Mete was bad today..no surprise as he was losing every battle in NHL and was not provinding any kind of offense...guys is out of sync right now...should be sent to minors...oh well

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
funny how Comtois is best fwd line while Lafreniere is still in the Q.....

Harvey was best goalie in russia-canada series and been excellent

Mete was bad today..no surprise as he was losing every battle in NHL and was not provinding any kind of offense...guys is out of sync right now...should be sent to minors...oh well

Why is Lafreniere being in the Q funny? He's almost three years younger than Comtois.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Why is Lafreniere being in the Q funny? He's almost three years younger than Comtois.

Becuz Lafreniere has been way better than Comtois in the Q. Dominating the ICE. Great defensively and the anchor of his line with another youngster. Dove-McFalls been OK...they played better with Voyer another 16 years old...

I'm telling you...Lafreniere is better than Comtois RIGHT NOW

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Becuz Lafreniere has been way better than Comtois in the Q. Dominating the ICE. Great defensively and the anchor of his line with another youngster. Dove-McFalls been OK...they played better with Voyer another 16 years old...

I'm telling you...Lafreniere is better than Comtois RIGHT NOW

Oh, yea, that's totally cool. I thought you meant that Lafreniere not being there was an indication that he wasn't good.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017

Not sure if this is a slight towards Lind or not.

He was dominating the WHL before getting mono, and has just come back. He actually played the last 8 games or so before getting proper diagnosis, in which games he obviously struggled.

I think getting mono, already being a string bean, will cost him a spot on the squad.

bigmackattack

Oct 15, 2017
Not sure if this is a slight towards Lind or not.

He was dominating the WHL before getting mono, and has just come back. He actually played the last 8 games or so before getting proper diagnosis, in which games he obviously struggled.

I think getting mono, already being a string bean, will cost him a spot on the squad.

Not a slight. I really like Lind, but it looks (unfortunately) like he might be getting cut today. Hence the pic.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I was gonna say. Weren't you the guy who said he'd be shocked if Comtois made the team :huh:

I may have been. I wasn't expecting Comtois to make it, but I have no problem stating that he played well in the first exhibition game. I didn't see the second game so I have no idea if he played well there.

Point said it's his dream to play for TC.

Maybe as of last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad