WJC: Canada 2018 Roster Talk

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
The way I see it, the top 4 should be the 3 returnees and Mete. And there's enough offense in that top 4 so perhaps the bottom pairing should just be whoever plays best defensively out of Cholowski, Mahura, Timmins, Foote, and Makar (with both dmen playing their proper side of course). Last year Lauzon and Fabbro were the bottom pair and it worked out pretty well IMO. And this year the top 4 might even be better offensively than last year.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
I missed pieces of the first but thought Foote and Cholowski played relatively well as far as the defense goes.

JClark

Nov 22, 2017
How has Ferraro looked?

Bob McKenzie said he stood out because he was assertive and tenacious on and off the puck and provided a lot of energy. Was probably the best Defenceman in this game. Maxime Comtois also played well and helped his cause.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Bob McKenzie said he stood out because he was assertive and tenacious on and off the puck and provided a lot of energy. Was probably the best Defenceman in this game. Maxime Comtois also played well and helped his cause.
I hardly noticed Ferraro out there. I would say he had one of the worst outings of our D in that game. Eye of the beholder, I guess.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Really hoping for Steenbergen to make it. It would be a good story. If he scores more than 5 goals and 10+ points getting Canada to a GMG, I'll just have to fly to Swift Current for a Broncos game and try 2 of his Steen burgers which they are peddling out there.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
There were a few good efforts in the game last night, hoping the team gels as time goes on and we can me a medal contender at the WJC.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
For those asking about Ferraro, I don't know exactly what McKenzie saw. I only noticed him in one shift where he was really buzzing defensively. Skating looked really good in that shift. It's not a bad thing for a defenceman to be relatively unnoticed, but I can't imagine what McKenzie took such note of.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
For those asking about Ferraro, I don't know exactly what McKenzie saw. I only noticed him in one shift where he was really buzzing defensively. Skating looked really good in that shift. It's not a bad thing for a defenceman to be relatively unnoticed, but I can't imagine what McKenzie took such note of.
He seems to be the only one who mentioned him, it is odd.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012

that 1 shift was probably the only time Farmer Bob lifted his head to watch the action. The rest of the time Bob is just networking or making sure he's been seen by the great unwashed. or most likely fretting over who's parking in his spot at the TSN lot while he's out of town.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
that 1 shift was probably the only time Farmer Bob lifted his head to watch the action. The rest of the time Bob is just networking or making sure he's been seen by the great unwashed. or most likely fretting over who's parking in his spot at the TSN lot while he's out of town.

The thing is that McKenzie's words have to be parsed. If it is just his opinion then it doesn't matter, but when he makes predictions they tend to be true.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
Today's scratches

D: Fabbro, Bean, Makar F: Dube, Howden, Raddysh, McLeod, Katchouk, Steenbergen

Yesterday's scratches
Fabbro, Timmins, Clague, Mete F: Steel, Kyrou, Dube, Thomas, Formenton

Obviously fabbro is hurt

This means the above players all make the team

Thoughts ?

This means there is room for 1 more defence man

Who will take that last spot. I say foote or Stanley ? Who will it be ?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Today's scratches

D: Fabbro, Bean, Makar F: Dube, Howden, Raddysh, McLeod, Katchouk, Steenbergen

Yesterday's scratches
Fabbro, Timmins, Clague, Mete F: Steel, Kyrou, Dube, Thomas, Formenton

Obviously fabbro is hurt

This means the above players all make the team

Thoughts ?

This means there is room for 1 more defenceman?
You can read a little bit into who is sitting and who is playing....but I wouldn't go as far as to say that means none of those players are being cut. None of them are likely going to be gone in the first round of cuts but Steel was cut last year after sitting out one of the CIS games.

Reactions: BrunoDaBear

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Are Ferraro and Makar D partners for UMASS?

I haven't seen any UMass games but TSN said that they are. They noted how unusual it is to have a pairing, especially an NCAA pairing, at camp.

How were Comtois and Mahura in the first game? Anyone notice?

That's been discussed. Mahura was noticeable in that he carried the puck a lot. Comtois was better than I expected, probably the best of the guys competing for wing spots on the fourth line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad