can we say this is the most important week of the season?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Ideally, I'd like to see us get first in the division, Dallas second, and Chicago third. We'd most likely get nashville in the first round and, with the exception of last game, we've wiped the floor with them this season. Dallas would have a really good shot at knocking Chicago out in the first round, probably the best shot of anyone. They seem to play really well against them. We also play really well against Dallas. Just our best case scenario, in my opinion.

I'd rather see that scenario, except Nashville passes Chicago for 3rd, and the Blackhawks get shipped West to the side of the bracket with LAK and Anaheim.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
all 8 points gained and more importantly we saw a few things

1) blues overcame horrendous officiating
2) we saw how big of frauds anaheim and dallas are. seriously those 2 teams look so mediocre right now. the only way they seem to score is off power plays or bad bounces from our own sticks or skates going into our own nets.
3) blues starting to score. lowest goal total in any of these games against playoff teams was 3 against chicago.

great week and they find themselves in first place cause of it. keep it up blues

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
If someone told me Blues were gonna go 3-0-0 against Chi, Ana, & Dal. I might have said yeah sure.:sarcasm: but tell me they would have scored 12 goals. I'd wouldn't have believed you.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
And as Blues fans we really don't have any right to call other teams frauds. The Blues are like, at the top of that list. Anaheim made it to the WCF, at this point they are still more of a threat in the West.

It was a good week but it doesn't change much for me.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I don't think Anaheim is a fraud team

big time fraud team. peaked at the wrong time. they are running out of gas and col and stl exposed them. SJ will pass them soon and beat them easy in a 7 game series.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
big time fraud team. peaked at the wrong time. they are running out of gas and col and stl exposed them. SJ will pass them soon and beat them easy in a 7 game series.
Didn't they just win 11 in a row? Maybe they had a couple rough games, I don't see how that exposed them and all the sudden they suck again. People take the regular season way too seriously. Every team gets killed every once in a while.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Didn't they just win 11 in a row? Maybe they had a couple rough games, I don't see how that exposed them and all the sudden they suck again. People take the regular season way too seriously. Every team gets killed every once in a while.

Their win streak=peaking at the wrong time

Our win streak=playing good hockey

Clearly

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
all 8 points gained and more importantly we saw a few things

1) blues overcame horrendous officiating
2) we saw how big of frauds anaheim and dallas are. seriously those 2 teams look so mediocre right now. the only way they seem to score is off power plays or bad bounces from our own sticks or skates going into our own nets.
3) blues starting to score. lowest goal total in any of these games against playoff teams was 3 against chicago.

great week and they find themselves in first place cause of it. keep it up blues

Dallas was without Sharp and 3 of their top 6. That's not really a fair appraisal. I do think their goaltending is suspect, though.

I expect Anaheim to be in the WCF. They are most certainly not a fraud. I think the Blues caught them emotionally flat the other night, but I'll take it.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Anaheim was at the beginning of the season my pick to win the Cup. They still are now.

And there's zero chance that San Jose beats them "easy" in a 7 game series.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Anaheim was at the beginning of the season my pick to win the Cup. They still are now.

And there's zero chance that San Jose beats them "easy" in a 7 game series.

sharks goaltending is suspect so they wont get past the kings but they are better than the ducks easy. wont even be a long series. 5 tops.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Martin Jones has been great for them and James Reimer is their freakin' backup, you're just pulling stuff out of your ass.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
God I hope so bad the Blues just come out and steamroll someone in the first round. Anyone. I don't care if ****ing Edmonton gets a charity invite to the playoffs and we destroy them. I honestly think winning a series would be a huge boost. I don't know if it is enough to get us past Chicago or LA, but it's not like we've been destroyed by either team in the playoffs(except LA in 2012 when they steamrolled everyone). The Blues are a really good team, but the cloud is always going to hang over their head until they win some playoff series.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm happy with the Blues this morning. To have won six games in a row with Steen and Elliott out of the lineup is quite an achievement. But to have beaten Minnesota, Chicago, Anaheim and Dallas in the last four is outstanding. Minnesota and Anaheim had been very hot teams prior to the recent games with the Blues.

I was hopeful that Allen would be an adequate replacement for Elliott, and he has been. But for the Blues to score seventeen goals in the last four games, all without Steen, is pretty impressive. Players that normally don't score goals (Stastny, Lehtera, Berglund) have chipped in at important times.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm happy with the Blues this morning. To have won six games in a row with Steen and Elliott out of the lineup is quite an achievement. But to have beaten Minnesota, Chicago, Anaheim and Dallas in the last four is outstanding. Minnesota and Anaheim had been very hot teams prior to the recent games with the Blues.

I was hopeful that Allen would be an adequate replacement for Elliott, and he has been. But for the Blues to score seventeen goals in the last four games, all without Steen, is pretty impressive. Players that normally don't score goals (Stastny, Lehtera, Berglund) have chipped in at important times.

Be careful. Those kinds of comments will get you labeled a Pollyanna. Try to focus more on the fact that they'll lose the next game.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Missing Elliott isn't really a problem right now, but replacing Jaskin with Steen will be BIG.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Be careful. Those kinds of comments will get you labeled a Pollyanna. Try to focus more on the fact that they'll lose the next game.

I'm a little confused. Most of us are happy to be winning, but that doesn't mean pointing out areas of concern is off limits. The inability to hold a lead is a significant issue, and one that we should be worried about.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm a little confused. Most of us are happy to be winning, but that doesn't mean pointing out areas of concern is off limits. The inability to hold a lead is a significant issue, and one that we should be worried about.

Oh get off it. This team is on the verge of winning the conference, but to read this board it sounds like they're the Calgary Flames. If folks are happy to be winning they hide it awfully well.

The team isn't perfect, but there is no balanced discussion here, just bellyaching out of proportion to what is actually happening on the ice when you take the full picture into context (the injuries, road travel, back-to-back game, etc, to use last night's effort as an example).

What should be celebrated as a nice accomplishment by the team (winning 6 straight over very tough competition despite crappy officiating, tough luck injuries, etc) is virtually ignored on this board except for a couple posters who get ridiculed over enjoying it.

As much as the Blues are struggling, look at the numbers of games Chicago is losing. Or the Kings. Every team is having ups and downs.

I don't mind talking about losing a late lead, or the strategy when the other team pulls their goalie. I just miss the days when I read this board and felt like I was amongst fellow fans who took joy in the team the same way I do. There is almost no joy on this board, and there is plenty to be excited about.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Oh get off it. This team is on the verge of winning the conference, but to read this board it sounds like they're the Calgary Flames.

The team isn't perfect, but there is no balanced discussion here, just bellyaching out of proportion to what is actually happening on the ice when you take the full picture into context (the injuries, road travel, back-to-back game, etc, to use last night's effort as an example).

What should be celebrated as a nice accomplishment by the team (winning 6 straight over very tough competition despite crappy officiating, tough luck injuries, etc) is virtually ignored on this board except for a couple posters who get ridiculed over enjoying it.

I'm giving them credit for going on a good run here. They've played well and I'm not denying that. But I still worry about the team in the playoffs. How many two lead goals do you see Chicago blow against rivals? How about LA? They don't do it at nearly the rate we do. That's a huge concern for me in the playoffs.

I'm not even actively rooting against them. I desperately want this team to win a Stanley Cup and I'd trade a shocking amount of things to see that happen. Being concerned about areas of perceived weakness =\= refusing to give them credit for a very good stretch of hockey.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'll say this about the team, for as many two goal leads as they've blown, they've won a shockingly high number of those games. Speaks to their ability to recover.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We're cup thirty. Regular season success doesn't mean nothing. Post-season winners are always winners and everybody remember them.

I think everybody are happy for our wins against tough opponents (in their minds), but we've seen it doesn't matter when we go post-season. Then video coaches deek thrue our weakest areas and shutdown our PP amateur set-up and shell shock is ready and another let down.

I think also if we had one cup on our pockets we could enjoy differently regular season success. The pressure is totally different. I think *hyss hyss* - mode in here have some magic power to the team. Everybody are silently waiting for it.. no jinx

I have to admit I've used negative tone to reverse psychology. Blues sucks.

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
I'll say this about the team, for as many two goal leads as they've blown, they've won a shockingly high number of those games. Speaks to their ability to recover.

Very valid point. The Blues of not too long ago would have crumbled under that kind of adversity. This gives me hope for their confidence to overcome untimely goals against in the playoffs.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO

they've won them sure, but there'll be no 3 on 3's or shootouts in the post-season, so there's still an undercurrent of worry amidst the joy.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
A healthy team will be the biggest success of the regular season. That or figuring out why they let so many teams surge back in the 2nd period and struggle to score.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I think realistic/cautiously optimistic is a good stance to hold as it pertains to this team and being a Blues fan in general. Especially after this week considering the wins we've got under our belt.

A good look at the way this team has played leaves a lot to be excited about going forward.

The coaching is the only worry, but here's hoping Hitch pulls a Tony La Russa and wins one going out. For as much as I've bashed him this season, I still hope that he can lead this team to the promised land...I'm just not counting on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad