can we say this is the most important week of the season?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Meh. I know this sounds cliche but no statements will ever be made during the regular season with this team.

Unless they like swept Chicago and killed them in every game or something, I can't see them doing anything that will really convince me of a whole lot.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Meh. I know this sounds cliche but no statements will ever be made during the regular season with this team.

Unless they like swept Chicago and killed them in every game or something, I can't see them doing anything that will really convince me of a whole lot.

Bingo....

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I think it IS very important. I definitely would like them to finish ahead of both Chicago and, especially ahead of Dallas, to get the home ice advantage against both. I'll be happy with playing Dallas in Round1, but want home ice. I DON'T want The Blues playing The Hawks in The 1st Round. I think The Hawks are likely to win The Central, so it's likely that The Blues will play The Stars. The Blues can beat them, away, too. But better to have home ice (and the extra money from the home game (small difference from the away team's share, as it is).

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
If the Blues win two out of three against Chicago, Dallas and Anaheim, I think they start to have a realistic chance to win the division.

they need to beat chi and dallas. if they lose to anaheim, oh well. but we cannot lose to the teams in our division.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
remember last year, when Jokinen scored a big goal and we beat Chicago around this time...

then jokinen didn't play in the playoffs...

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm still pissed he never got in a game.

He probably would have been more of a liability on defence than he would have helped the offence. I didn't havve the feeling that he would have helped. I think Gomez was MUCH, MUCH better this season than Jokinen last season, and I doubt that Gomez could have helped The Blues this postseason.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
He probably would have been more of a liability on defence than he would have helped the offence. I didn't havve the feeling that he would have helped. I think Gomez was MUCH, MUCH better this season than Jokinen last season, and I doubt that Gomez could have helped The Blues this postseason.

If they were going to lose anyway, I'd like to have seen Jokinen show whether he has anything special in the tank for the postseason. He's have known it was his very last chance....I think they could have used a little bit of desperate play.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I think it IS very important. I definitely would like them to finish ahead of both Chicago and, especially ahead of Dallas, to get the home ice advantage against both. I'll be happy with playing Dallas in Round1, but want home ice. I DON'T want The Blues playing The Hawks in The 1st Round. I think The Hawks are likely to win The Central, so it's likely that The Blues will play The Stars. The Blues can beat them, away, too. But better to have home ice (and the extra money from the home game (small difference from the away team's share, as it is).

The money aspect is the only reason I see home ice being important. Home ice didn't seem to matter for any team in last year's playoffs. I don't have the numbers, I just remember reading about and watching lots of home teams fail.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I would say it is the biggest week in the season so far, but that still doesn't mean much to me. Playoff seeding is nice, but I'm not too concerned about it. It would be nice to avoid Dallas/Chicago in the first round, but I'm not convinced that will be the difference between winning the Cup or not.

Since training camp started, my attitude has been that the goal of the regular season is to get into the playoffs healthy. Health has been an enormous problem this year, but we still have a chance to go into the playoffs with a full roster. I'd rather drop the next 3 straight games and stay healthy than run the table and pile on another injury.

It's March. Time for the playoff push. We are hitting that point in the season where there are going to be lots of 'big games'. These are more important than the games 2 months ago, but they still aren't anywhere near as important as the games in April. I'd love to win every game this week and take control of the division. But at the end of the day I don't think any of these games really improve or decrease our Cup chances.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
Playoffs are always gonna come down to who's in the game. If we're still banged up and our opponents can use their best guys with maxed out ice time we can't turn back to this week and go yeah but we won those games.

Last season the Blues got hot at the end of the year with an altered roster line up that was caused by injuries not player success and we burned 2 or 3 games against Minnesota watching Hitch realize it was stupid to expect an augmented line up to work in a 7 game series.

We need the Blues best players to be able to show up to every game before things like who we're playing and home ice means much of anything. We also got cheated out of a ton of opportunities to experiment with the top 6 because they were constantly missing someone, if Hitch starts doing it right as the playoffs start because everyone makes it back in time we're gonna look terrible against teams doing their absolutely best to win the way that got them there.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
Honestly home ice means nothing to this team. It isn't like how it was 3 or 4 years ago where we won the vast majority of our games at home. Regardless of if we win or lose, we will be having to play these teams in the playoffs at some point. So just getting the team to play its best hockey, win or lose, is what I am looking for.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Sorry to say,but all year I have been saying that the Blues look better on the road than they look at home. They seem to come out lazy at home and expect to win vs working for a win on the road.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It's probably the biggest of the season so far, yes. It's nice to have a direct barometer to see how you match up but I would refrain from drawing too many conclusions based on what happens in the next 3 games.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I stand by my statement earlier that this week won't define the season. But last night was a ton of fun. 2 for 2 so far.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Impressive job so far. I might even get injected with the tiniest amount of optimism if they can win tomorrow

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Impressive job so far. I might even get injected with the tiniest amount of optimism if they can win tomorrow

Well, we are Blues fans, we always get excited this time of year, usually only to be disappointed come playoff time. I have high hopes as usual that we can get past the first round. :yo:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
43710338.jpg

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Ideally, I'd like to see us get first in the division, Dallas second, and Chicago third. We'd most likely get nashville in the first round and, with the exception of last game, we've wiped the floor with them this season. Dallas would have a really good shot at knocking Chicago out in the first round, probably the best shot of anyone. They seem to play really well against them. We also play really well against Dallas. Just our best case scenario, in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad