Value of: CAN THE LEAFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The points are not the problem, they never are the problem for Tavares, and it really makes me wonder if Leafs fans were really at all familiar with his game before they signed him, or if they even watched a single game of his when he was with the Islanders.

His style of play is maddening, because he is one of the least flashy players in the league to the point it really looks like he barely is even trying out there. He could have a game with 1 goal and 2 assists and you still will come away wanting more.

I agree. This is what I like about his game. He's not a "high-skill" star. He plays more like an elite grinder. If he stays within that style, he'll be successful. His game falters when he tries to do too much.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Full NTC When we signed JT I was happy as hell about it. but I knew it was a mistake then. but after the first season playing like that I figured if hes playing like this the cost doesnt matter. but now he isnt preforming to the level that demands 11m.

I still hope he goes back to year 1 with the leafs again

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I sort of called this. I said the Leaf fans will turn on Tavares when he doesn't quite live up to his contract

Reactions: beach

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
The points are not the problem, they never are the problem for Tavares, and it really makes me wonder if Leafs fans were really at all familiar with his game before they signed him, or if they even watched a single game of his when he was with the Islanders.

His style of play is maddening, because he is one of the least flashy players in the league to the point it really looks like he barely is even trying out there. He could have a game with 1 goal and 2 assists and you still will come away wanting more.

Every time I read a Leaf fan complain about him it’s always the same exact stuff he did in NY. I would expect that most people in Toronto don’t watch NYI games, so it’s probably true they didn’t know what they were getting.

Reactions: Konk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille