Value of: CAN THE LEAFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
There’s no possible way to move Tavares unless he requests it or is bought out which will never happen. Lock it up

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Of course they can, with a nice buyout during the offseason.

Should they, is a totally different question.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Ridiculous thread - please close

How so? He hasn't played as a C should, all I see him doing is giving the puck away, pathetic passes, pathetic shot attempts 'when he does get any' and moping around making stupid faces on the bench... This thread is justified, he is playing like a 4m player on a 3rd line, not a 11m C!

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
They can't cancel the contract unless he agrees, which he won't.

They could probably trade him if he was willing to move, don't expect a big return though at that cap hit. Also the Leafs would have to take back salary which defeats the purpose.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Eh he hasn’t been terrible. Even if the Leafs wanted out someone else would probably bite on the contract.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yes and this is how they can do it.

upload_2021-3-14_21-27-1.png

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
When Toronto signed Tavares in 2018, every Maple Leaf fan that I know was acting like Toronto had just signed a 24 year old Wayne Gretzky in his prime.

I live in Toronto, and some Maple Leafs were seriously saying things like "We might win 70 games now that we have signed Tavares".

Reactions: bigtim1988 and bh53

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
There are teams that would take Tavares...
Columbus, Calgary, Minnesota, Montreal.

Maybe you can get Price for him....
Or Monahan
Or Laine
Or Suter

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Nothing gives me life more than Leafs fans panicking after two bad losses in a row

Yep. I'm usually ashamed to be a Canucks fan given the number of goofs we have. Yet Leafs fans are worse :sarcasm:

Seriously, JT has been fine. His even-strength shooting % is like 5%. Make that his career average and he has 3 more goals. His on-ice shooting % is like 6%. Regress to that average and he'll knock up a few more assists. Seriously, give him league average shooting and he'd probably be above a point-per-game and no one would be saying anything.

Reactions: bh53 and CupInSIX

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Yep. I'm usually ashamed to be a Canucks fan given the number of goofs we have. Yet Leafs fans are worse :sarcasm:

Seriously, JT has been fine. His even-strength shooting % is like 5%. Make that his career average and he has 3 more goals. His on-ice shooting % is like 6%. Regress to that average and he'll knock up a few more assists. Seriously, give him league average shooting and he'd probably be above a point-per-game and no one would be saying anything.

The points are not the problem, they never are the problem for Tavares, and it really makes me wonder if Leafs fans were really at all familiar with his game before they signed him, or if they even watched a single game of his when he was with the Islanders.

His style of play is maddening, because he is one of the least flashy players in the league to the point it really looks like he barely is even trying out there. He could have a game with 1 goal and 2 assists and you still will come away wanting more.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
11mil per should be reserved only for the very best in the game. He's a really good point producer, but in no other way does his game stand out. Makes about 3mil too much, and when he isn't being paid to be your 1C, it hurts the team's ability to be better in other areas.

Reactions: bh53

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
release Tavares?>

honestly - 11m to spend of players that actually show up and play consistent and that can make a difference game in and game out would be refreshing
I’ll take him but you have to retain at least 3 mil on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille