Can Hyman score 20?

Hyman 20?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Hyman sucks. It seems the whole team has been structured to make this guy look like an NHL player.

Badcock will take ice time away from Matthews if he has to to ensure his kid does well, Why?.. because too many questioned Babcock on him and Babcocks Ego does not like questioning, you know when Babcock is nervous and annoyed, he always drinks first...he would be a terrible poker player his bluffs are seen a mile away.
In Detroit he tried to steal Hollands show and he will try and do the same here to Lou...bank on it.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Still don't like him with Matthews. When I watch him, he still looks like too much of a mucker that does not have much skill(the goal in NYC notwithstanding). But he puts up some decent numbers, I guess. Let's say if he was replaced with Kapanen, would that line be any less effective? I wish we could develop a better, more skilled replacement for him. Someone that does what he does but possesses a higher skill level. Properly slotted, he is a 3rd line player (A good one at that).

I think a better, more skilled Hyman would be pretty pricey these days. Not even sure who the Leafs could realistically target that would fit the bill.

Simmonds is 29, has 32 points in 52 games with 14 on the PP. When his contract is up in 2019/20, he'll be 31.
Neal is 30, has 35 points in 52 games with 8 on the PP. UFA next year.
Evander Kane is an interesting one. He's 26, has 36 points in 52 games with 8 on the PP. Also has 3 SHG's this year too. He's a UFA next year but who knows if management will be put off with his supposed attitude issues.
Landeskog might have been available last year? Sure as heck not anymore.
Saad is making 6m till 2021
Maybe NYR sell off on Chris Kreider who's making 4.625 till 2019/20.

Maybe they'd have to go after cheaper prospects or projects to try and fulfill that upgrade but now this seems more like a luxury rather than a necessity. Rather they used that money saved with Hyman and put it to go use on the defense or a mid level center.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I think a better, more skilled Hyman would be pretty pricey these days. Not even sure who the Leafs could realistically target that would fit the bill.

Simmonds is 29, has 32 points in 52 games with 14 on the PP. When his contract is up in 2019/20, he'll be 31.
Evander Kane is an interesting one. He's 26, has 36 points in 52 games with 8 on the PP. Also has 3 SHG's this year too. He's a UFA next year but who knows if management will be put off with his supposed attitude issues.

Maybe they'd have to go after cheaper prospects or projects to try and fulfill that upgrade but now this seems more like a luxury rather than a necessity. Rather they used that money saved with Hyman and put it to go use on the defense or a mid level center.
or they can simply put Kap on the top line

Reactions: david999

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Badcock will take ice time away from Matthews if he has to to ensure his kid does well, Why?.. because too many questioned Babcock on him and Babcocks Ego does not like questioning, you know when Babcock is nervous and annoyed, he always drinks first...he would be a terrible poker player his bluffs are seen a mile away.
In Detroit he tried to steal Hollands show and he will try and do the same here to Lou...bank on it.

Oh yeah, I think that's what's happening.

Oh wait, I meant to say I think ^^^^ THAT's what's happening.

Basically, there's only so much money to go around. Hyman's plenty useful on that line at that price.

I really think some are confused about the point of the game. It's about putting together an entire team that can win. It's not about AM's stats....

david999

Jan 21, 2011
I would love to see Hyman with Bozak and Brown, with JVR skating on Mathews' wing. Maybe Hyman can help kickstart Bozak, or at least help that line be more of a shutdown one.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
or they can simply put Kap on the top line
I would love for that line to work out but I don't think Kap brings the same type of skill set that Hyman brings to that line. I think if Nylander eventually moves to center, we'll see Kappy ending up higher in the lineup anyways. Maybe even on Nylander's line.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I would love for that line to work out but I don't think Kap brings the same type of skill set that Hyman brings to that line. I think if Nylander eventually moves to center, we'll see Kappy ending up higher in the lineup anyways. Maybe even on Nylander's line.

you actually think AM's line wouldn't be successful without a Hyman or Hyman type player on it ?

i have no idea why people keep saying the only way Hyman gets replaced is if we find a more skilled version of him , it's truly remarkable that anyone would believe AM and Willie wouldn't produce with a wide variety of wingers

Last night Hyman had an empty net goal and an assist which was was due entirely to Mathews skill level but for the most part was invisible and only produces because of the linemates and mins he gets .

Last edited:
Reactions: Suntouchable13

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
you actually think AM's line wouldn't be successful without a Hyman or Hyman type player on it ?

i have no idea why people keep saying the only way Hyman gets replaced is if we find a more skilled version of him , it's truly remarkable that anyone would believe AM and Willie wouldn't produce with a wide variety of wingers

Last night Hyman had an empty net goal and an assist which was was due entirely to Mathews skill level but for the most part was invisible and only produces because of the linemates and mins he gets .
Don't put words into my mouth.
I just highly doubt Babcock would take him off because he likes that element added to that line.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

i have no idea why keep saying the only way Hyman gets replaced is if we find a more skilled version of him , it's truly remarkable that anyone would believe AM and Willie wouldn't produce with a wide variety of wingers

No need to downgrade Hyman. He's got what Matthews needs right now but I agree a more skilled version of Hyman would be perfect. Kappy would be awesome.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

It would have been nice to see the staples removed for a few games at least

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Don't put words into my mouth.
I just highly doubt Babcock would take him off because he likes that element added to that line.

sorry i didn't mean to put words in your mouth

i doubt Babcock would take Hyman off AM's wing regardless of who's available to replace him , judging by how he coached in Det , Hyman will be glued to AM as long as Babs is on our bench

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
No need to downgrade Hyman. He's got what Matthews needs right now but I agree a more skilled version of Hyman would be perfect. Kappy would be awesome.
i'm not putting Hyman down , i'm just saying he is what he is and that's a hard working energy player and nothing more

"he's got what Mathews needs right now" ? yea i don't get what you're trying to say , in very limited playing time he's scored with Martin-Marleau-Kap so he really isn't at all dependent on Hyman in any way

but you're right , Kap would be awesome to see on his wing along with Willie , even if it was just for a few games

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Yep

IMG_7806.png

Maybe 40.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Who cares. No one here would have signed him to that contract at the time.

Saved his best for another franchise so screw em as far as I’m concerned.

Reactions: ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad