Cam Ward a 9.0B?!?!?!

Oilerfan

Jan 25, 2005
Well if ward is a 9.0 B than while is Jordan Staal a 8.0C?

I don't understand the ratings.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Well, I think he deserves that rating. He proved a lot of things in the last playoffs, and it's just the beginning. He seems so calm in front of his net and he don't has a lot of flaws.

Jimmypop316

Jun 21, 2005
Lets see, he is a proven playoff goaltender, and then there was that little conn smythe he won. There was another goalie who did that once as a rookie, it wasn't Patrick Roy was it?

Randall Graves*

There is no set standard for ranking prospects, some writers are obviously a litter more objective than others.

I wouldn't go parading around calling Ward a future superstar in goal yet, remember he was very mediocre during the regular season.

KaptainKourage*

Even if 8.5B seems more right I think it have nothing wrong with a 9B rating.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Sorry for being harsh but who ****ing cares...regular season means nothing. Great players play great in playoffs

But if a goalie doesn't show up for the regular season he can't be considered a great play. Gerber essentially got this team to the playoffs and then Ward carried it from there. Had Ward been the starter all year this would have been a borderline playoff team.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Why is it off? After all, it's a B, not an A. Are you saying that he doesn't have a chance to have Brodeur-like career? They both debuted at the same age, Brodeur got a Calder, Ward got a Smythe.

Well B is quite high...

He do has the chance to have a great career but IMO, he's nowhere near Brodeur...

And sure he won the Conn Smyth, but he wasn't that great in the regular season...

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Sorry for being harsh but who ****ing cares...regular season means nothing. Great players play great in playoffs

Yea, yea, yea. :sarcasm:

Ward > Brodeur
Bryzgalov > Hasek
Pisani > Steve 'freakin Yzerman

Great players play great in both the regular season AND the playoffs. :teach:

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Yea, yea, yea. :sarcasm:

Ward > Brodeur
Bryzgalov > Hasek
Pisani > Steve 'freakin Yzerman

Great players play great in both the regular season AND the playoffs. :teach:

No. You get me wrong by purpose for sake of provocating.
I just meant that players for being great players must play great in playoffs more than regular season. And players you mentioned are not great, they are legends

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Ward can't be compared to Hasek, Brodeur or whomever has played a number of years. remember, this is a prospect rating.

whether he's an 8c or a 9b, he played great for a 22 year old.

i'd rank him up there with Lundqvist, Fleury, Lehtonen etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad