Cam Ward a 9.0B?!?!?!

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
I may be mistaken, but I don't think a cup winner in the past twenty years has gone on to not make the playoffs. We only lost Ward and Cullen, and we replaced them with a roster spot for Anton Babchuk and Scott Walker. It really isn't as big of a deal as people claim. Losing Doug Weight's and Mark Recchi's 16 regular season points isn't going to impact this team a great deal. They were one of the best in the league without those rentals, and yet people count them as leaving as if it's part of the core group.

If you want to say everybody on the team had career years, then by all means. However, they're the same group that was in place last year. The top two lines are still the same.

Stillman - Staal - Cole
Ladd - Brind'Amour - Williams

That group of players is a legitimate top six, and they're all still here. Carolina will make the playoffs next year. Where they go from there, that's anybody's guess.

You might be right...you know the Canes more than me...

But I will still say that the Canes will not be as good as last year...a so-so division rivalities might help them, but if they are not 1st in the Southeast division, they will battle for the 6-8 spot...

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
You might be right...you know the Canes more than me...

But I will still say that the Canes will not be as good as last year...a so-so division rivalities might help them, but if they are not 1st in the Southeast division, they will battle for the 6-8 spot...

Well, everybody said they wouldn't even do that last year and they finished with the 2nd best record in the conference. I'll take those chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad