Player Discussion Cam Fowler

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Really rooting for him to do it. Would be remarkable on this team considering how bad things have been.

I wish we had a better PP coach and execution. All our guys would be at better numbers now. Zegras , Terry and Mac alone would have another 5-10 points more easily.
If we had a bigger threat from the blue line those players would have better numbers.

I don't think you read the post correctly amigo
I'm talking in response to those you are talking about in your post, not to you.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If we had a bigger threat from the blue line those players would have better numbers.

Fowler is doing a lot of his production at ES as well, and have no issues with him on the 2nd PP unit moving forward, and I do agree we need a better QB for PP1 but I put more blame on the coaching and execution. Enough skill (Cam included) to have at least a 20% PP

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Hampus by a country mile for me but to each their own. Also think Andy McDonald was underrated in his time here. Hampus was the best defensemen we ever drafted and developed... And our own fanbase already forgets he exists.... Fowler is literally the golden boy of the Ducks... How is he underrated lol
Gotta say it's pretty unhinged that you immediately bumped the Lindholm trade thread right after I posted this.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
With 22 games remaining, Cam is eight points shy of the career high that he set last season (42). Sitting on 34 with a shot at his first 45 or possibly 50 point season.

I didn't realize Cam set a career high in points last year. And it would be awesome to see him top 50 points this season. Go, Cam, go!

Really rooting for him to do it. Would be remarkable on this team considering how bad things have been.

I wish we had a better PP coach and execution. All our guys would be at better numbers now. Zegras , Terry and Mac alone would have another 5-10 points more easily.

If Eakins got talent, then they'll produce. Four of the five top-5 scorers from last year are the same four in the top-5 this year: Terry, Z, Rico, and Fowler. We swapped out Getz for McTavish this season. A 19-year old passing up everyone else in scoring is both amazing and saddening at the same time.

We can point to a bad PP coach because the talent available isn't being optimized. Yet, we're doing most of our scoring outside of the PP. Imagine if we had a defense to properly support our offense, then that would probably lead to more points across the board too.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Good to see the Lindholm signal is still working for whenever Fowler is mentioned in a positive light.
Ope, that reminded me to just squeeze in here to mention Hampus passed his career high in points in 20 fewer games.

Alright, let's get back to complimenting Fowler or whatever. :sarcasm:

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Ope, that reminded me to just squeeze in here to mention Hampus passed his career high in points in 20 fewer games.

Alright, let's get back to complimenting Fowler or whatever. :sarcasm:
All it took was him being on a historically good team to finally, barely outscore Fowler (he's currently ahead by 5 points). We should have just built that here.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
All it took was him being on a historically good team to finally, barely outscore Fowler (he's currently ahead by 5 points). We should have just built that here.
Are you telling me that having a defensively-responsible top line centered by one of the best 2-way Cs of all time, 4 other defencemen that can eat 20+ minutes a night (including one that regularly did 24-25 minutes), a good coach and an elite defensive system could actually do wonders for Fowler too?

Impossible.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Happy to see Fowler having a very good season and chance to break his production record. I still feel he is going to be important to bridge our Young D prospects into the NHL with adding support and leadership for them.

I agree on all points. If Fowler finishes his contract with the Ducks, it's entirely reasonable to think his number could be retired. He'll have a lot of Ducks defenseman records by that point.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Cam has always been reliable on both sides of the ice - and producing like he is on this team is frankly amazing.

There's always the could have, would have, should have mentality but if we just take him for what he is, most teams would be happy to have a Cam on the back end.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Cam has always been reliable on both sides of the ice - and producing like he is on this team is frankly amazing.

There's always the could have, would have, should have mentality but if we just take him for what he is, most teams would be happy to have a Cam on the back end.
He is soft, but he's good to great at everything else, I'd say. Could argue his skating is at amazing level I guess.

I'm very happy we have Cam, despite his one flaw. And he;s really really good these past few years – shame he has to spend these years on a bad team.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
He's a muffin man, but he's our muffin man.

Do You Know The Muffin Man GIFs | Tenor

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Far from flawless, but very underrated.

One of the greatest things about Cam is he has always taken #6 defensemen and elevated their play to be serviceable top 4 guys. Look at his partners over the years and outside of Manson and Beauchemin how many partners did he have that were top 4 guys away from Cam?

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Can teams do rotating C? Maybe doing that for a season or two where Cam gets a good chunk of the games as C would be kind of honoring him for the years of service but not locking him in long term, also would give a younger guy (like Terry) a slower acclimation process to becoming the full time captain than just naming him as captain and throwing him in.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Can teams do rotating C? Maybe doing that for a season or two where Cam gets a good chunk of the games as C would be kind of honoring him for the years of service but not locking him in long term, also would give a younger guy (like Terry) a slower acclimation process to becoming the full time captain than just naming him as captain and throwing him in.
That acclimation process is called “A”.

Pulling a captaincy is pretty much never done unless management feels the player has failed at it, or a much better player has been traded for and the captain gives up the C voluntarily (as in, Messier, Gretzky etc )

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Next captain is likely Terry or McTavish. Maybe they just go with all A's until they think McTavish is ready.
Yeah most likely. Zegras is too much of a media personality type like Selanne was, the fun guy.
McTavish is calm, wise and mature like Niedermayer. Terry is very articulate and well spoken, when he spoke about McTavish recently it was like listening to a leader give high praise to his teammates.

Reactions: Yemeth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad