Cam Fowler and Luke Moffat??

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Uh, how about because the WHL isn't up to the NCAA in terms of competition?

The smaller and less physically mature a guy is, the worse he is going to be at the NHL level when going up against 23 and 24 year olds.

I like Fast as a prospect and I thought he was doing OK in the NCAA. But who was playing so much worse than he was that he should've been handed their spot?

That is not an argument you want to go into...I'd like to find someone who takes the time to go over the past 20+ seasons of players coming into the NHL from college and put them up against players from the junior ranks.

Where should we start? Crosby vs. Kessel, round 2?

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
The college team is not to develop NHL prospects. It's to win championships.

If this statment is true, then it's a simplified reason as to why so many top prospects choose the CHL. And why it's a better hockey option for prospects.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If this statment is true, then it's a simplified reason as to why so many top prospects choose the CHL. And why it's a better hockey option for prospects.

well I dont believe that for one second. Most of the best players from traditional hockey towns go the NCAA route...notice i said "most". The WHL is going to attract kids from Cali, Alaska, and some other non traditional places. But kids growing up around Boston, Detroit, St. Paul, etc..arent going to the CHL route because college hockey is Godlike there. These kids go to college and get drafted just the same as the ones who go to the CHL.

I see more elite level kids going to the CHL from non traditional cities, and maybe I should have put that earlier, but college is doing just fine, and they have no problem getting the Vaneks, Toews, Skille, Johnsons, Parises, Staffords, Okposos, etc.. and etc.. of the world. If you are talented, college can get you drafted as long as you can deal with school and partying with your hockey responsibilities..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad