Confirmed with Link: Calvin de Haan back in Raleigh for a PTO

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Wow, shocked but very happy about this. My guess is he will be our #3 LHD here after Gards goes back on LTIR.

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
CDH - Bear

That's a great group of defensemen there.

We legitimately might have the most well rounded roster we've ever had as a franchise this season. And I really don't think I'm exaggerating here. By the time MaxPac comes back in February, things could get really interesting for us.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I've said a couple times this offseason. Just because something gets treated as gospel around here, doesn't make it so. It's nice he was able to put things aside, because he might have a real chance to come in as a cheap, third pair option that we could really use. And for a presumably cheap price if he signs, well worth any injury, or even meh play risks.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I've said a couple times this offseason. Just because something gets treated as gospel around here, doesn't make it so. It's nice he was able to put things aside, because he might have a real chance to come in as a cheap, third pair option that we could really use. And for a presumably cheap price if he signs, well worth any injury, or even meh play risks.

I mean we signed Dzingle and deHaan this offseason. Everything we thought we knew was a lie!

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Potential playoff lineup

Svech - Aho - Turbo
Patches - KK - Jarvis
Stastny - Staal - Fast
Necas - Drury - Kase

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
CDH - Bear

Freddie
Raanta

Healthy Scratch: Coghlan, Chatfield, Martinook, Dzingle

Man.... that's a deep, deep lineup. And even then, you can probably flip a few of the forwards around based on matchups and still roll 3 legitimate scoring lines while having a defensive shutdown one. Man....

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Yeah, I heard from many Chicago fans at times how bad he was, but I think it might be one of those situations where with a bad team, almost everyone gets harsh assessments. It's probably even worse with a guy like de Haan that doesn't put up counting stats even when he is good. The good news is, we get to try him out first and even if we sign him, he's probably cheap. He also does seem like a good potential style fit beside a Bear or Coghlan.

And don't sleep on Coghlan. He was smacking dingers at the ballpark the other day.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Potential playoff lineup

Svech - Aho - Turbo
Patches - KK - Jarvis
Stastny - Staal - Fast
Necas - Drury - Kase

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
CDH - Bear

Freddie
Raanta

Healthy Scratch: Coghlan, Chatfield, Martinook, Dzingle

Man.... that's a deep, deep lineup. And even then, you can probably flip a few of the forwards around based on matchups and still roll 3 legitimate scoring lines while having a defensive shutdown one. Man....

My dumb joke aside, don't forget we've also got Stepan in that PTO mix, so he could be on this list as well.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
So to take full advantage of Pacioretty going on LTIR and perhaps Gardiner as well, it’d be best for them to officially be placed there before opening rosters are due and potentially sign CDH and Stepan to deals right before or after officially sending players to LTIR?

I get confused on the mechanics teams use to ensure they get the max LTIR relief they can.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Example: if you happen to be playing a game in which Rod Brind'Amour is the coach, you probably include Martinook on the 4th line and scratch someone like Necas.
Martinook will probably get hurt in the first playoff game going balls to the wall, try to grind it out in game 2, and then have to come out in the 2nd period leading the team short a forward. So a nice little rest period for Necas in the end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad