Confirmed with Link: Calle Jarnkrok (6 years, $2M AAV)

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Well no I did not know Hook was coming back nor did anyone else. And to make a blanket statement like that is foolish. He did not like his QO and filed for arbitration after a redemption contract. You nor I know the situation there. He could be connected at the ******* with Forsberg but that makes no difference in contract negations. But as this contract came out his agent really screwed him. He could well come out and score 25 goals each of the next two years and be under paid and really hate this contract but just as easily he could go back to 10 goals who knows. The team could self destruct Poile and Lavi fired and the next bunch not see Jarnkrok as the hockey genious many do now. Or they could see him as a 1C and move Johanson. Its all about different people working together.

As to Arvidsson I concur I wanted to see what he could do last year and did not like what I saw. He did a good job in the AHL and put up good numbers there but like I have said hundreds of times you can expect less than half the AHL production from most of those guys when they get to the NHL level even less from most. Look at Watson, he does not even deserve to occupy a roster spot IMO but oh well.

He was a RFA who was qualified. Yes he could have held out, but I did not see that as it would be career suicide for a player like him and I also did not see the team trading him somewhere else. The only question here was $$/Years. And TBH, I do not mind Jarnkrok. His biggest issues have been his size and linemates IMO (Linemates of Jokinen, Roy, Santorelli, and Hodgson did not help him).

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I'm not big on Jarn (duh), but this is cool. A steal when he's riding hot coattails, average when he's doing his norm average, and easily buried (or sold) when/if he's got nothing left.

Makes sense for the team. And for the player, he's got a sense of stability which can often mean far more than a buck (and imply he's "here" in Nash for more than the cash too - smacking of character).

All in, good all around. In my (not so) humble opinion, anyway.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I have looked at it multiple times and don't see it. I swear I'm not computer illiterate.

From the tweet previously cited: @PredsNHL have signed RFA Calle Jarnkrok (@jarnkrok) to a 6-yr, $12mil contract. Another signing at 1 p.m. today. http://preds.co/29XHs13

Just so you know we weren't all in on fooling you. And of course it actually happened, too...:laugh:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Jarnkrok is a utility guy, he can move up and down the lineup with relative ease. This is why he has value and why he got the term he did.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If Jarnkrok improves, Wilson inorives and Smith stays steady, is Ellis exposed?
I doubt it. I think this season will be a case of only the strong survive between the three. I think Smith is the inevitable one being saved and whoever has the better season between Jarnkrok and Wilson gets taken. Calle will likely have a better season and now has a WAY better contract, so.....

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I hope this shows everyone Jarnkrok is not the solution nor should he be playing first line with ryjo and Neal making $2 million. He's a solid third line guy with pk ability. So far from being a top like guy though, if anything he slows down ryjo and Neal b

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I hope this shows everyone Jarnkrok is not the solution nor should he be playing first line with ryjo and Neal making $2 million. He's a solid third line guy with pk ability. So far from being a top like guy though, if anything he slows down ryjo and Neal b
I don't think anyone thought he was a first line solution. He was just there. That being said, 16 goals isn't exactly chump change.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I don't know, protecting 11 v. Protecting 8.

It's still a no-brainer. One of Jarnkrok, Smith or Wilson will be going to Vegas, and the one who stands out as the most valuable this season will be protected. Any one of the three is not nearly as difficult to replace as a top 4 with solid advanced stats on a great contract. It only ever becomes a decision if all 3 show themselves to be more valuable commodities than Ellis or Ekholm.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
No it isn't chump change. It's been a long time since Preds have had a solid 3rd line that scores some goals. Maybe with Fisher, Jarnkrok and Wilson/Arvidsson/Fiala on 3rd line it will contribute some scoring. And Jarnkrok isn't just a good penalty killer; he's an excellent penalty killer.

I still really like the idea of letting Wilson try to pick up where he left off in playoffs and let him start on first line with ryjo and Neal.
And I agree starting fiala with jarny and fish would be a great way to develop him into a first like pivot eventually but not to rushed unless he absolutely takes off a la forsberg.
I feel as though Arvidsson deserves top 9 time as well though but do not see where he fits in,

Wilson ryjo Neal
FF ribs smith
Fiala fish jarny
Sissons Watson salo
Arvidsson??

I really like what I saw from Arvidsson so hope he gets spot in top 9 somehow but I cannot see fiala not being a pred this season, he's ready for top nine.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I think leaving Wilson unprotected is the least amount of risk, simply because of the three his contract is the worst. If Wilson is left exposed he might get picked up. If Jarnkrok is left exposed, he will *absolutely* get picked up.

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
I think leaving Wilson unprotected is the least amount of risk, simply because of the three his contract is the worst. If Wilson is left exposed he might get picked up. If Jarnkrok is left exposed, he will *absolutely* get picked up.

The way I understand it. They will have the choice of either Wilson/Jarnkrok or Smith/Jarnkrok or Wilson/Smith.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The way I understand it. They will have the choice of either Wilson/Jarnkrok or Smith/Jarnkrok or Wilson/Smith.

Actually more, they will have a choice of anyone not protected or exempt. Those would just be the more desirable players on our roster.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL

Actually more, they will have a choice of anyone not protected or exempt. Those would just be the more desirable players on our roster.

True. I should have specified.

...or Arvidsson and, say, a 2nd-round pick. Or something along those lines. Remember that deals can be made around draft picks or prospects to influence who is selected off the roster. If Poile is dead-set on keeping Smith, Wilson, and Jarnkrok, he can find a way to do it. But it'll cost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad