Confirmed with Link: Calle Jarnkrok (6 years, $2M AAV)

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Strangest contract.

Good for the Preds, though. He's still young enough to add to his game.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
2 mil a year for Jarnkrok is an absolute steal.

Roman Yoshi will be along in a bit to tell you about why it's a horrible overpayment ;)

Honestly, when they said "long term" with Jarnkrok i worried that meant having to buy UFA years at a higher than desirable term, but even if Jarnkrok gets absolutely no better, this is a good contract. Given that he probably WILL get better, however, this is a steal.

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
6 years has to be related to Forsberg's, they're attached at the hip.

Definitely a steal if he improves, and if not, that's still market value.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

Definitely a steal if he improves, and if not, that's still market value.
Yeah, I was gonna say, the relationships of him, Filip and Ekholm clearly seems to be as close as they're made out to be.

BTW, all this for a washed-up Legwand? Thanks Detroit.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
FYI...for all the cap doom and gloomers, we have $8 mil in space right now. With only a backup not counted for.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

There have been lot of 6 year deals going out this summer. GMs are trying to lock up players through the next CBA negotiation. I don't know if they are including language that would prevent the players from playing I'm other leagues but it seems like positioning to prevent another work stoppage.

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There have been lot of 6 year deals going out this summer. GMs are trying to lock up players through the next CBA negotiation. I don't know if they are including language that would prevent the players from playing I'm other leagues but it seems like positioning to prevent another work stoppage.

That's a good point, but doesn't the CBA run out in 2022, so pretty much just when these contracts complete? I'm not sure about the playing in other leagues, but it could be if they're expecting something more favorable in the next CBA.

Deko

Jul 14, 2011
Helsinki
Just wanted drop by and say that in terms of length and AAV this is probably the weirdest contract in the post-lockout (04-05) era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad