OT: Call out to ALL HF Sens Posters - Why aren't you posting as much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't always agree with you, but I do always enjoy your posts and I appreciate the thought you put into them.

I decided to start using the ignore function last season, which help me get through the worst of what was happening on the boards at the time. I made a self imposed rule where I would remove everyone from the ignore list in June every year so everyone had a blank slate moving toward the next season. Posters can change and/or improve over time. So far it has worked, because I actually enjoy the posts of a couple of people I had on ignore last year.

Good idea, I will do that too. It's true that I have seen "annoying" posters become good posters before... Once the season is over, I'll start at 0.. But I will do that in September because around the draft and the UFA period, there's a lot of knee-jerk reacting as well... Although, I might miss the hilariousity of it... I will see lol

Oh and thanks for the complement. You're in my top-10 by the way. Agreeing or not is not the most important, it's the rationality and "fairness" of the posting and you have that.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
you know you're posing this poll to people that are active right?

Well there are a lot of people who has gone into lurking mode (like myself for most part), that are still pretty frequent with this boards. (mods can see who is online/viewing these boards)

I haven't voted in the poll as none of the options apply in my case.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
i don't think it's fair to say that

I never said its the "worst", but ONE of the worst.

And I believe it's fair to say that. Sorry if it offended anyone (I'm not talking about people on Internet, but Sens fan in general), but to be quite honest, I've started feeling like this around 2009 when the management started talking about rebuild, and how the majority of the fans (including bandwagons from 2007) just lost complete interest on the team. Now that it's 2015, and some time has passed, I'm pretty much 100% convinced that the fan add in this team is one of the worst when it comes to hockey IQ. Not because their stupid, but because a huge chunk doesn't care about the team.

And it's those people that will try to justify/damage-control the current team being "better" off with guys like Alfie and Spezza (some saying those two were "prevailing" the team for being successful), which is not true on so many levels and it's laughable.

If the team wins the Cup or reaches the Finals/semi-Finals on a consistent basis with the current roster, than yes, I might consider the team being "better" with Spezza and Alfie. But don't come at me saying the team is "better" when they are no where even close to the playoffs bound on a weak Eastern Conference.

Yes, the Stars have played a dismal hockey this season, but are at least showing that they can be a playoff team by improving in the past few weeks or so. And it's not because of Spezza, it's the defense and the goaltending being just downright awful.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

And I believe it's fair to say that. Sorry if it offended anyone (I'm not talking about people on Internet, but Sens fan in general), but to be quite honest, I've started feeling like this around 2009 when the management started talking about rebuild, and how the majority of the fans (including bandwagons from 2007) just lost complete interest on the team. Now that it's 2015, and some time has passed, I'm pretty much 100% convinced that the fan add in this team is one of the worst when it comes to hockey IQ. Not because their stupid, but because a huge chunk doesn't care about the team.

And it's those people that will try to justify/damage-control the current team being "better" off with guys like Alfie and Spezza (some saying those two were "prevailing" the team for being successful), which is not true on so many levels and it's laughable.

If the team wins the Cup or reaches the Finals/semi-Finals on a consistent basis with the current roster, than yes, I might consider the team being "better" with Spezza and Alfie. But don't come at me saying the team is "better" when they are no where even close to the playoffs bound on a weak Eastern Conference.

Yes, the Stars have played a dismal hockey this season, but are at least showing that they can be a playoff team by improving in the past few weeks or so. And it's not because of Spezza, it's the defense and the goaltending being just downright awful.

.....oh my.

SensAreSoClose

Apr 5, 2014

The answer to the question is right here. There is no filter for the ignorant here.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
I stream the games on my computer so its either watch or post. Need to upgrade my video card to duel monitor it. And i Coc and boom beach on my phone during games.

Then i visually troll other boards to see thier reaction to the game.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I laughed because I was just thinking where have Benny and all the cats been ?
I moved out so I no longer have cats irl. Seeing pics of cats is too emotional for me. sadface.
Also, Benny used to post more cat pictures. I want more cat pictures. Especially since the new greatest Senator forward likes cats. We need to appease our goal-scoring god.
This can be arranged.
Benny is actually responsible for some of the funniest stuff I've read on here.

6NRpe3c.jpg

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
An Expos fan went through more deceptions than most fans in North America. We're a tough fan base.

Hear, hear!! Or is it Here, Here? I am sure someone will be more than happy to correct me.

I still say it was a MLB conspiracy to have the '94 strike - would have been 3 years in a row a Canadian team won the World Series...that changed the Expos fate completely.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I've been on these boards daily since 2002/2003 and don't even have 800 posts...I think..lol

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Hear, hear!! Or is it Here, Here? I am sure someone will be more than happy to correct me.

I still say it was a MLB conspiracy to have the '94 strike - would have been 3 years in a row a Canadian team won the World Series...that changed the Expos fate completely.

Have not attended a single MLB game since 1994

YOW

Nov 17, 2013
oceanview cabin
Great thread, I've enjoyed the discussion. :handclap:

It reads as 'real' to me and not just so and so is garbage although somehow tire fire makes me laugh out loud. I've also gotten to understand you guys better and where each of you is coming from.

I don't think I can contribute much to the board as I am no where quick enough in reading the threads to bring anything useful to the table but I really do appreciate a lot of thoughtful posts. I have learned A LOT because of you guys.

Cheers!

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Certain posters piss me right off with their constant negativity. They will never stop complaining and they also think that they could run this team with ease.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Certain posters piss me right off with their constant negativity. They will never stop complaining and they also think that they could run this team with ease.

To be fair, you went through quite a phase where if you complimented any player for anything, you referred to him as a beast mode cowboy :laugh: You weren't negative though, I'll give you that.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
Because it's an echo chamber and trying to post is rolling the dice on an infraction. I've been given infractions for some things that really shouldn't have happened, it just isn't worth it.

The worst being trying to keep an individual thread for the shooting that happened and being told that it should be in the "visiting Ottawa" or off-topic all while the mod who kept closing it had a thread open about his fantasy team.

The inconsistent moderation is my biggest reason. I'll take bets on how long this post lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad