OT: Call out to ALL HF Sens Posters - Why aren't you posting as much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Hello all,

It's been brought up in Game Day threads and it's pretty noticeable at least to me that traffic around HF Sens has reached really low levels. I've noticed as well that a number of the blogs I follow about the Senators have communities that have dwindled in size as well.

This is simply a poll to see what's going on.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I have gone long stretches without posting this season. I think it has a lot to do with how the team was playing and how the organization is being run. With Maclean coaching I had lost interest but I have to admit Cameron has fixed a few obvious mistakes which has made it more bare able.

For me though it boils down to ownership and the lack of commitment to winning. It started when alfie left its obvious they aren't commited, so naturally my interest and commitment to the team has followed. I think to an extent that it's crept into the room which reflects into the play on the ice.

Liliaceae

hockey
Jun 21, 2007
Canada
Not sure exactly. :/ I visit almost every day but I don't post(don't even sign in unless a thread sparks my interest)

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
People on here annoy me. It's better for me to lurk from the shadows and not to post what I'm actually thinking.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I was born during the 60's in Quebec City. I have been a fan of MTL Expos, The Quebec Nordiques and now the Sens after Quebec moved to Colorado. I've been living in Ottawa since1986.

I've had many deception by the Expos and the Nordiques. And many moments of happiness. It's a cycle. You can`t stay at the top all the time. We are on the way up of a cycle.

Too much extreme words and negativity are showing up in comments:
- instead of this player hasn't been very good, some people write: he has been garbage, he's trash, etc.. How can you discuss that?

Not enough patience:
-We are in a rebuild/transition phase, it takes time.
-It's a hockey game, they're will be mistakes done by both teams.

It seems that some posters will argue just to win the argument regardless of being right or wrong. Those posters will post relentlessly until others will give up.

If you're not posting every 5 minutes, you're not part of the gang.

Last edited:

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I was born during the 60's in Quebec City. I have been a fan of MTL Expos, The Quebec Nordiques and now the Sens after Quebec moved to Colorado. I've been living in Ottawa since1986.

I've had many deception by the Expos and the Nordiques. And many moments of happiness. It's a cycle. You can stay at the top all the time. We are on the way up of a cycle.

- instead of this player hasn't been very good, some people write: he has been garbage, he's trash, etc.. How can you discuss that?

Not enough patience:

It seems that some posters will argue just to win the argument regardless of being right or wrong. Those posters will post relentlessly until others will give up.

Fellow Expo fan, and agree 100% with this post

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I noticed it too and haven't been on as much either until I got laid off :/ but i think some of the posters went from high school to college and university and you just get busy.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
People on here annoy me.

Idk why but this made me laugh a lot :laugh:

I think it mainly has to do with how the team is doing/the fact nothing else really interesting is happening (i.e., no prospective trades, no real controversies, no CSI investigations).

As the team begins to trend upwards/it becomes more positive around here I think people will post more :)

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
I find there's not much to talk about. The Sens are kind of rolling along, trying to win with a low budget. They added some young players and some vets. It's all very middle of the road which doesn't leave much room for interesting discussion, IMO. If they traded the vets or boosted spending to get vet players there would be something to discuss.

I don't get anything out of critiquing the team. I think the team tries hard and seems to have improved under Cameron. They lose because they aren't that good - what can you do? For that reason, I didn't find reason to critique MacLean. While I think Cameron has them playing better, how do you diss a coach trying to win with this roster?

As for Murray, what do you expect with a $55 million payroll (last in the league). The team is outperforming it's budget. While he has not been a miracle worker, Murray has done ok. Maybe a different GM does a better job and gets them up a spot or two in the standings, so what? No one is winning with this budget.

Fantasy trade talks are boring because trades rarely happen in season and this team hasn't really shown it is going to add good players via trade.

I don't get anything out of trashing the vets. We haven't bought over the hill guys and thought they would be stars - Legwand etc are honest players but not what they used to be. Same thing with long time Sens, they are slowing down but they try.

Prospect talk is somewhat boring now too. When I was younger I loved talking prospects and had all kinds of ideas. Now I know that it's pretty much a crap shoot and don't pay much attention to the kids until they hit the NHL or are considered big time young stars (haven't had one of those in a while).

I was very into the Sens in the summer when the Spezza deal was going on etc. That was the interesting time. Not so much now. In the current NHL, decisions are made in the summer and then you just play out those choices in the regular season.
Maybe next summer will be interesting. Maybe Ryan re-signing is an indication the Sens will make moves to make the team better. I don't know.

Bottom line, this team is a bottom payroll team that has not gone with a total youth movement. It's treading water at best. A commitment to winning or re-building would be something to discuss. Right now it's like critiquing a person who brought a knife to a gun fight. Melnyk hasn't allocated the resources needed and unless you want to have endless discussions about Melnyk, there's not much to talk about.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

I've had many deception by the Expos and the Nordiques. And many moments of happiness. It's a cycle. You can`t stay at the top all the time. We are on the way up of a cycle.

Not enough patience:

:handclap::handclap:

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Team sucks, there really isn't that much to post on or be excited about. I'll always be a Sens fan and watch games whenever I can and go see them when they're near home in Buffalo, but when the season is over less than halfway through the schedule there isn't really that much to talk about. The talk about trades that never happen from our GM and a broke owner kinda has people down too I'm sure. I'm sure it will pick up around draft time if we manage to get a decent pick.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Also:

I'm older and really not part of the twitter generation.

I don't feel the urge to transform all my emotions and thoughts into a post.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa

Not enough patience:

this is pretty much it

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I read HF while I'm at work. I don't have time after work.

Since I switched jobs, I'm not supposed to log onto things on the Internet...which is what I'm doing now...don't tell anyone...nothing to see here, IT people. Nothing to see. Move along please.

So, yeah, I don't really have time to post, and I have never really posted in GDTs. I'd rather just watch the game.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Honestly they all apply: the younger generation is taking over and they seem to be a pretty depressing bunch as far as the team goes, there isn't much to say about the team either: lowest spending team, playing better but still losing to better teams isn't very encouraging

I was optimistic going into the last two seasons and was pretty upbeat about this team until the Dallas game: that game completely broke my enthusiasm for this team

I spend more time on the Geek Emporium or the Political board these days

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa

Not enough patience:

I couldn't put it any better than that. It's ok to be critical, but it's gotten out of control by some posters.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Off the top of my head...

1) Too many repetitive discussions engulfed in negativity.
2) There's rarely any new content here to discuss.
3) Sometimes a "lurker" crawls out in the open to share their thoughts and are slammed for having an opinion.
4) The board predictably becomes a wasteland for 24 hours after a loss.

#3 is probably the biggest factor at play here in my mind.

These are the people who don't feel comfortable enough to share their thoughts because of the atmosphere here or just don't feel like they'd be welcome to join the community at all.

Figure out how to make the lurkers feel welcome and I think this problem disappears.

That's my opinion.

PS: 5) Way too many of the posts look like they were typed with a hammer. [Preview Post] is a thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad