OT: Call out to ALL HF Sens Posters - Why aren't you posting as much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Yup, booked it

cat-jumps-off-ledge.gif

IMO it's because there is not much conversation anymore. Just arguing and people that just write for themselves. I know I just mainly lurk now, but it's been years for me

i wonder when that cat figured out it was hooped? You think about halfway way across?

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Too much negativity and pessimism, especially around Eugene Melnyk. Like others have said, there's also too much hyperbole when it comes to players or management decisions.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
You don't have to read a post to know what is being said anymore. Just look at the username attached to it.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Thank you guys for the feedback.

I've noticed the drop in posting and it was especially significant last night. GDTs tend to be a barometer of what usage is at and I was really surprised that for the Ranger game, we had the pre-game, game day, and post-game thread all encompassed into one thread, and it barely broke 10 pages. In the past, We used to have multiple GDTs spanning at least two parts.

I was curious as to what, if anything has turned off our community and I appreciate the feedback you are providing.

As moderators, the best we can do is remove those who are outright disrespecting the rules of the forum. Being a discussion board however, doesn't give us the ability to moderate opinions and the frequency of them. I, myself, waffle between optimism with some of the players, frustration on our current standing in the league, and either outright cynicism and/or apathy.

All I can ask is that you don't give up entirely on the board. And if the level of discourse is down, I ask that you, as members of the community, try to be the change. Bad opinions repeated often can be drowned out by well-thought arguments or discussions that ignore the one-note trajectory of those opinions. By providing your thoughts, your giving many something to digest and you're really helping the HF Sens community out.

The last thing I like hearing is that people are being turned off from this place. I've been a member for quite some time, and I've enjoyed the conversations I've had even if some of the arguments have made me want to smash a brick into my monitor. Losing people, even if they don't contribute much, is a loss for all of us. That's one less person whose opinion we get to hear, whose opinion might make us re-think our own position or whose own opinion actually enlightens us. Heck, I've learned more about fancy stats here than I did in any math class I took.

Anyways TL:DR - keep giving us feedback that can improve your personal experience. If there's anything specific you'd like to see with the board, please feel free to PM me it. My inbox is always open and I'm listening.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Frustration and anger for me. I am just so fed up with this team. The Murray's have ruined this franchise and created a culture of losing. They took a perrenial playoff team coming off a Stanley Cup run and ran it into a perrenial bottom feeder - with no signs that things are ever going to improve.

I am so tired of watching this team lose over and over and over again - and nothing being done about it. When your GM says "We have a playoff team" when clearly EVERYONE knows it is not a playoff team, then your GM has lived past his expiration date.

Plus, I am sick of all the lies and BS. Since the offseason Murray has been promising us some kind of trade or move to help this team. Everytime he gets in front of the mic its the same BS lie. All season long we have been waiting for a move to be made and nothing.

I can't wait until this franchise rids itself of the Murrays. Only then will we have a chance at changing the losing culture they gave us, into a franchise that has the chops to win again.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Thank you guys for the feedback.

I've noticed the drop in posting and it was especially significant last night. GDTs tend to be a barometer of what usage is at and I was really surprised that for the Ranger game, we had the pre-game, game day, and post-game thread all encompassed into one thread, and it barely broke 10 pages. In the past, We used to have multiple GDTs spanning at least two parts.

I was curious as to what, if anything has turned off our community and I appreciate the feedback you are providing.

As moderators, the best we can do is remove those who are outright disrespecting the rules of the forum. Being a discussion board however, doesn't give us the ability to moderate opinions and the frequency of them. I, myself, waffle between optimism with some of the players, frustration on our current standing in the league, and either outright cynicism and/or apathy.

All I can ask is that you don't give up entirely on the board. And if the level of discourse is down, I ask that you, as members of the community, try to be the change. Bad opinions repeated often can be drowned out by well-thought arguments or discussions that ignore the one-note trajectory of those opinions. By providing your thoughts, your giving many something to digest and you're really helping the HF Sens community out.

The last thing I like hearing is that people are being turned off from this place. I've been a member for quite some time, and I've enjoyed the conversations I've had even if some of the arguments have made me want to smash a brick into my monitor. Losing people, even if they don't contribute much, is a loss for all of us. That's one less person whose opinion we get to hear, whose opinion might make us re-think our own position or whose own opinion actually enlightens us. Heck, I've learned more about fancy stats here than I did in any math class I took.

Anyways TL:DR - keep giving us feedback that can improve your personal experience. If there's anything specific you'd like to see with the board, please feel free to PM me it. My inbox is always open and I'm listening.

:handclap:

Having the poll was clever too: brought back those quiet posters. :D

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Frustration and anger for me. I am just so fed up with this team. The Murray's have ruined this franchise and created a culture of losing. They took a perrenial playoff team coming off a Stanley Cup run and ran it into a perrenial bottom feeder - with no signs that things are ever going to improve.

I am so tired of watching this team lose over and over and over again - and nothing being done about it. When your GM says "We have a playoff team" when clearly EVERYONE knows it is not a playoff team, then your GM has lived past his expiration date.

Plus, I am sick of all the lies and BS. Since the offseason Murray has been promising us some kind of trade or move to help this team. Everytime he gets in front of the mic its the same BS lie. All season long we have been waiting for a move to be made and nothing.

I can't wait until this franchise rids itself of the Murrays. Only then will we have a chance at changing the losing culture they gave us, into a franchise that has the chops to win again.

Just curious, it sounds like you're sick of the organization itself. What about this board? Part and parcel? Six of one?

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Why would you listen to GMs and Owners instead of believing your own eyes?

Their job is to make you believe that the incoming season will be the best ever.

We need time more than just a move. Be patient

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
University.

I get asked for more 2CHAINZ photo shops from some but usually get told by the HF vets that they have me muted so I stopped posting for the most part because the cool kids won't let me in the circle.

2CHHHAAAIIIINNNZZZ

Lmfao, you'll always be loved here, bro. Keep up the good work, many people here are proving we need your work back again. Mods will understand.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think there are still some solid posters here. Of course those who think that I'm a douchecanoe probably don't feel that the same posters are quality posters :P

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
You can't retire until you hit 40,000 posts. New HF rules. :sarcasm:

Fine, just give me another thanksgiving like Sens lounge. I'll get to 40k tonight :sarcasm:

I don't like the added side feature. I didn't renew my sponsorship. So the ads are bugging my as well. Probably won't renew until a few changes on here. So I've been posting on mobile, which isn't as fun. No auto correct on there either and I get tired correcting myself :laugh:

I stopped making GDT's because no one voted for mine in the Sparty awards :sarcasm:.
To be honest, I enjoy others GDT's more than my own. I can't compete with you guys anymore :nod:

My honest and real reason for not posting is because they gave HAWT mod powers and I'm scared to hell. I know him pretty good outside of HF and have maybe pushed him buttons once or twice. :laugh:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think something that has to do with driving posters away is that there are too much rules. For example you are talking about Melynk's finances in a thread about what went wrong, you get your post deleted and told to post in another thread, I don't know this place just seems so restrictive at times, you can't even post I hope player X gets a nice clean hit from Neil anymore without getting in trouble. This is a game where you can hear swearing, and see blood on the ice, but the forum to discuss such is so rated E for everyone when it should be rated PG/T .

I feel like conversation just doesn't get to flow as free as it should.

Of course I am an active poster and disliked by the majority of this board, but I feel I should say something that might help out with the experience.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Fine, just give me another thanksgiving like Sens lounge. I'll get to 40k tonight :sarcasm:

I don't like the added side feature. I didn't renew my sponsorship. So the ads are bugging my as well. Probably won't renew until a few changes on here. So I've been posting on mobile, which isn't as fun. No auto correct on there either and I get tired correcting myself :laugh:

I stopped making GDT's because no one voted for mine in the Sparty awards :sarcasm:.
To be honest, I enjoy others GDT's more than my own. I can't compete with you guys anymore :nod:

My honest and real reason for not posting is because they gave HAWT mod powers and I'm scared to hell. I know him pretty good outside of HF and have maybe pushed him buttons once or twice. :laugh:

** ***** plus is your best friend.

wow that's censored really? Lets just say an extension for your browser that might block some of the features or ads that you don't like.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
** ***** plus is your best friend.

wow that's censored really? Lets just say an extension for your browser that might block some of the features or ads that you don't like.

It is hilarious that ******* is censored on this forum. :laugh:

Xamar*

It's almost like "I wonder when my opinion will be different enough from the rest of the posters that I'll get banned"

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
Well i joined in 2008, i hardly ever post but ive been extremely active on viewing threads since then but this year i rekon ive posted more than ever

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It's almost like "I wonder when my opinion will be different enough from the rest of the posters that I'll get banned"

You don't get banned for having a different (or even wildly different) opinion. You get banned for being disrespectful and making personal attacks.

That said, I miss Fuhr's out-there opinions. Good riddance to Holmes.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
You don't get banned for having a different (or even wildly different) opinion. You get banned for being disrespectful and making personal attacks.

Fuhr's out there opinions like how housecleaning and such are women's work? Or his personal smear campaign against Murray that derailed almost every thread?

Xamar*

I remember when I first started reading these boards years ago His avi used to scare me haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad