OT: Call out to ALL HF Sens Posters - Why aren't you posting as much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Yah, I meant that. Sorry if it confused other users. But breaking that "core" to me was the beginning of the rebuild, which was 2009 or 2010...so I'm not THAT far off.

And don't forget Emery. Maybe it's only me, but Emery's off-ice attitude was probably the beginning of the team going the wrong way.

It was pretty painful to see a team that had 3 players (Alfie, Spezza, Heatley...but I think one of them got injured) and the head coach being nominated for the all-star game, and completely fell apart after that.

Contending teams get worse, that's not something that is special to the Sens.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Sorry if it "dampened" your feelings.

If u want to be "happy", maybe u shouldn't have read this thread, because this is a type of thread that's probably not going to bring a "happy" Sens fan.

Like I said I couldn't give a rat's ass about any of ur opinions I was just using you as an example.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Like I said I couldn't give a rat's ass about any of ur opinions I was just using you as an example.

maybe you didn't mean to be offensive, but if you do not care to hear others opinions, right or wrong, why bother joining and posting on a message board? Seriously?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but it's posts like that which deter people from posting.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm not sure how people can say our team is boring as Erik Karlsson is worth the price of admission alone. I think we're a bit spoiled from the past to say that this is a boring team. Especially since most people said they want to see the kids play and the kids are now playing and it's boring?

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
Stop making this thread about your own feelings about the team. Ruined what was an interesting discussion.

Well...seemed to me that other people in here were expressing their feelings towards the team, so I thought I would as well.

I don't recall saying to anyone to not "post". I just wrote what I thought, and I'm pretty sure that's what u do in a thread. People replied to my comment so I replied it back. I don't see any problem TBH.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
I'm not sure how people can say our team is boring as Erik Karlsson is worth the price of admission alone. I think we're a bit spoiled from the past to say that this is a boring team. Especially since most people said they want to see the kids play and the kids are now playing and it's boring?

I'm guessing the team lacks identity. Yes there is Karlsson and other good players on the team, but I can't find any "strong points" that stands out compared to other NHL teams.

It's kind of hard to describe it. I think the "winning attitude" factor also has a lot do with it.

Caseus

squirrelly wrath
Mar 9, 2004
Ottawa

EK is amazing, of course, but this season it's Hoffman that I'm most excited about. He leads the team in goals despite having 0 PPG. And I know plus/minus is a useless stat but it's still interesting looking at the plus/minus for top 5 players on the team:

Hoffman +19
Stone +9
Ryan +7
Wiercioch +4
Methot +4

To answer the original question, I don't post much because I don't know the posters well enough to engage in interesting dialogue. The people I chatted with most no longer post or have switched to the other site.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Too many pro scouts, assistant GMs and coaches on here make my opinions feel invalid.. but realistically the quality of discussion just went down hill, seems more like bickering to me most of the time.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
EK is amazing, of course, but this season it's Hoffman that I'm most excited about. He leads the team in goals despite having 0 PPG. And I know plus/minus is a useless stat but it's still interesting looking at the plus/minus for top 5 players on the team:

Hoffman +19
Stone +9
Ryan +7
Wiercioch +4
Methot +4

To answer the original question, I don't post much because I don't know the posters well enough to engage in interesting dialogue. The people I chatted with most no longer post or have switched to the other site.

Also like Lazar and Pageau's passion to go along with the above.

Don't all sites generally have these issues. If there is a senior site, or one by invitation, that might help people feel they are not wasting their time to state a point.

I don't always agree with every poster, but some spend a lot of time researching and organizing data to support the comment they are expounding on. I love to read these for the passion, but also for the input. Its how we all learn and up our own knowledgebase. Xspyrit (by example, as stated in here) can bold as much as wanted. I'll read it and ponder for myself. One opinion may not change my thought, but it certainly won't hurt me to widen my scope. Usually I find that stimulating.

I think we all need to up our game to stay respectful.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan

Hoffman +19
Stone +9
Ryan +7
Wiercioch +4
Methot +4

Yup, Hoffman is one guy that is having an amazing year.

+/- isn't useless IMO. It's just that one can't judge a players overall game by +/- solely...it's good to see a player leading in +/- by such a large margin.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Don't say this team is amazing or our prospects aren't all that and you get a ton of people running down your throat. Try and stop everyone from being completely negative about a player and they all run down your throat. Provide posts about how the owner is the root cause of all of our issues to date and how he's an idiot the only discussion that arises is that your either foolish or that he's better than Bryden, but that doesn't make him less of an idiot.

I was a sens fan for the lean years and am a sens fan now but I can only invest so much of my time into a product that the owner doesn't genuinely care about. If he is chosing to create a product that is not to the satisfactory of the consumer then I will lose interest, as will most consumers (except the die hard brand loyal ones that are on this site most of the time)

For me to be back it would require for a more open discussion about topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad