Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (The Second One)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
No it's just you. You don't get it. The game has core content. You CHOOSE (key term here) not to play it.

The TikToks coming from DMZ alone are awesome.
Core content is not two modes that no one cares about, one of which is a WZ2 mode and has nothing to do with MWII. It's 6 v 6, and always will be.

Oh, DMZ Tiktoks? Well then lmao

• Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Core content is not two modes that no one cares about, one of which is a WZ2 mode and has nothing to do with MWII. It's 6 v 6, and always will be.

Oh, DMZ Tiktoks? Well then lmao
It's just that YOU don't care about it.

If you don't like the game, then delete it and stop posting so those of us who actually PLAY it can chat.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
It's just that YOU don't care about it.

If you don't like the game, then delete it and stop posting so those of us who actually PLAY it can chat.

No, the vast majority play core. The do not play those other modes except out of pure curiosity when they initially launch.

I actually do like the game mechanics, but do not like the lack of content (ie maps). Also, there are only about half a dozen people that actively post in this thread, and me and you play it the most I reckon. :laugh:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Interested to see what they can do to boost MP in Season 2.. 1-2 new maps isn't going to cut it IMO.. it'll go right back to the same boring loop things are currently in.

With how bare things are they should have left Shipment in the game.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeeeesh....if this is true IW are just incompetent. This is the most disappointing COD release for me easily because they screwed it up. Not because it's bad. All the hype for a "new era", "most supported", "next gen" etc was a bunch of bologna. It's like they are actively trying to kill their game.

Two year release indeed.

Reactions: MAHJ71

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hits keep coming;

I'm kinda curious what qualifies as "alarming drop"

Is it dropping dramatically but because COD is so huge it's still relatively meaningless (especially with it being on 3 platforms) or is it a "oh shit we dun goofed" type drop?

Personally I've always thought warzone is trash. Same shitty play style carried over from the MW games on a bigger map. And the idea of loadout drops completely destroying the purpose of BRs in the first place. There shouldn't be a "meta" in BR. That's the whole point.

But nope, gotta let the shitty tiktokers like Dolemite and YouTubers create their "THIS GUN IS OP DUDE" videos and ruin the game even more.

I never really thought about that until Immarksman went on a rant about why he doesn't play warzone and he pointed that out. He's right.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Interested to see what they can do to boost MP in Season 2.. 1-2 new maps isn't going to cut it IMO.. it'll go right back to the same boring loop things are currently in.

With how bare things are they should have left Shipment in the game.
When they rolled out the holiday version of Shipment the lighting was WAY brighter. Perhaps they pulled the map to make the overall map brighter.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Medium and large backpacks are gone in Warzone 2 season 2. Everyone will have a 3 plate vest. Two free loadout drops per match instead of one. They're trying to make it more like Warzone 1.

I kind of liked the backpack system after I got used to it.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm indifferent to backpacks. Don't like or dislike them. Everyone having a vest makes way more sense. More buy stations/better placement is also a nice change. Glad there will be more money on the ground too.

I'd also like to see loadouts remain on the tac map. Disappearing after a bit seems like dumb change especially since the pinging system is a little wonky.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'm indifferent to backpacks. Don't like or dislike them. Everyone having a vest makes way more sense. More buy stations/better placement is also a nice change. Glad there will be more money on the ground too.

I'd also like to see loadouts remain on the tac map. Disappearing after a bit seems like dumb change especially since the pinging system is a little wonky.
I could never tell if loadouts disappearing from the map was intended or a glitch.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I could never tell if loadouts disappearing from the map was intended or a glitch.
When the game first came out I actually assumed it was a bug. But...it never got fixed so I thought maybe it's intentional. OTOH, they have let the RPK meta go for this long so maybe they just haven't gotten around to fixing it.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Agreed, the loadouts disappearing from the tac map has always been strange. I have noticed recently that if you're returning from the gulag or a jailbreak all the loadouts show again on your tac map for a period of time.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Do any of you folks run DMZ? I am looking for DMZ runs to see if I can get the M13-B.

Or if any of you folks already have it and can drop + exfil for me, that would work as well.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The new resurgence map better be good because this entire formula is starting to get stale to me and I even sense it amongst my friends who have been Warzone enthusiasts the entire time. Just something isn't clicking anymore with the gameplay. I thought during the Caldera era it was just that the map sucked but Al-Mazrah is a great map and I still find myself losing interest. The shoot, find cover, plate, shoot, find cover, plate rhythm just isn't doing it anymore. I want something with more burst and mobility like Apex but without the cartoony aesthetic.

Battlefield also really missed a huge opportunity to at least siphon some people off Warzone.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The new resurgence map better be good because this entire formula is starting to get stale to me and I even sense it amongst my friends who have been Warzone enthusiasts the entire time. Just something isn't clicking anymore with the gameplay. I thought during the Caldera era it was just that the map sucked but Al-Mazrah is a great map and I still find myself losing interest. The shoot, find cover, plate, shoot, find cover, plate rhythm just isn't doing it anymore. I want something with more burst and mobility like Apex but without the cartoony aesthetic.

Battlefield also really missed a huge opportunity to at least siphon some people off Warzone.
Imagine being a MP only player... I think this may be the fastest time that I've become bored with a CoD game. A lot of people like to say they'll stop buying CoD and then never do, but the way MWII has been handled for MP has felt pretty close to the final straw for me.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Anyone having open mic sensitivity issues since new update?

Doesn't seems to work, no matter if I have the slider at 1 or 100 my teammates still hear everything and my mic symbol is constantly showing on the ride side of the screen.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Anyone having open mic sensitivity issues since new update?

Doesn't seems to work, no matter if I have the slider at 1 or 100 my teammates still hear everything and my mic symbol is constantly showing on the ride side of the screen.
Do you have a push to talk setting?

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Do you have a push to talk setting?
No I'm on PS5. I've BEEN using mute on my controller as a push to talk but that's s temporary stop gap. I had my mic dialed in previously. Not a issue ever.

Going to double check sensitivity on the system itself but I don't think it'll work since it's at the same sensitivity it always has been, but also maybe the new sensitivity ( in game ) is layered ontop of the systems somehow? If that makes sense?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
No I'm on PS5. I've BEEN using mute on my controller as a push to talk but that's s temporary stop gap. I had my mic dialed in previously. Not a issue ever.

Going to double check sensitivity on the system itself but I don't think it'll work since it's at the same sensitivity it always has been, but also maybe the new sensitivity ( in game ) is layered ontop of the systems somehow? If that makes sense?
I've got a PS5 as well and after checking the console settings, do you have another headset to try?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad