Pre-Game Talk: Calgary @ Toronto | Friday at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Not a fan of starting Freddy, if he is in fact dealing with a groin injury let him rest. Campbell is a more than capable back up goalie, finalllllly a game ! The boys should be rested, expecting a strong effort.

Reactions: 67leafs

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
After this rest, and with another long break coming up after this back2back, there's no excuse not to win both games against a tired Flames team.

The Flames have used the same lineup in all 3 games under Sutter....though he might change it up after their loss on Thursday, so Flames lines are unconfirmed.

With GSVA from theathletic.com:

Screenshot_20210317-164324_Sheets.jpg

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Not a fan of starting Freddy, if he is in fact dealing with a groin injury let him rest. Campbell is a more than capable back up goalie, finalllllly a game ! The boys should be rested, expecting a strong effort.
He is not anymore, it was before this upcoming gezame sire. They just talkin bout the old stuff. Andersen might win his 14th game for us tonight :clap: WE LOVE LIFE!!! :heart:

Campbell will kill for us tomorrow and another TWO POINTS FOR US!!!! :clap: WE ROCK!

Reactions: AvroArrow

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
How's Thornton not uncertain? The guy is 41 years old, he is not a 1st liner or a top 6er. The whole left side is weak. Overall, the team does look good. Just don't be a homer and say this team is almost perfect.

Left side, last 2yrs pace:

Hyman 32gls/58pts
Thornton 10gls/40pts
Mikheyev 14gls/38pts
Simmonds 13gls/31pts
(Galchenyuk 11gls/31pts)

Not bad, but likely upgraded at the deadline anyways.

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
I'm not as certain of that. While injury situations around the league might make a claim possible, I think the extra year on the contract could scare teams off from doing so.
Daccord is out for Ottawa and Murray is still week to week, they might just claim him

Reactions: Buds17

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
After this rest, and with another long break coming up after this back2back, there's no excuse not to win both games against a tired Flames team.

The Flames have used the same lineup in all 3 games under Sutter....though he might change it up after their loss on Thursday, so Flames lines are unconfirmed.

With GSVA from theathletic.com:

View attachment 409823

Damn I'd love to get Mangiapane.

Reactions: zeke

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
On the ice, he could be replaced by virtually any winger on the taxi squad and we would lose nothing. In the locker room he is invaluable.

Big Joe is about 2 years past his retire before date.

This is just so wrong. Plenty of data to show that Joe can still play.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Feel a big start from Jumbo coming after the 5 day breather.

yeah the whole team was pooched the last couple games, but Joe especially. He should benefit from the rest more than anyone.

thing is, after the next long break next week, the last month+ is absolutely crammed with games. Keefe is going to have to figure out a rotation with the taxi squad and make sure everyone gets rest.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Galchenyuk could be a huge steal. He has the talent. You put him with other talented guys, he could be great.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
How's Thornton not uncertain? The guy is 41 years old, he is not a 1st liner or a top 6er. The whole left side is weak. Overall, the team does look good. Just don't be a homer and say this team is almost perfect.
I debated that, but the position as a whole is more certain, because Keefe has shown that if thornton isn't working out, he has no problem bumping Hyman there.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He could be and I hope he is but let's not forget he did play in Pittsburgh as well, and they have a few talented guys there as well.

Of course, though he primarily played with Tanev and Blueger/McCann in Pittsburgh (where he never would have succeeded)... He did have time with Malkin too, so I don't know if that just didn't work, and he was demoted, or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad