Calgary Stampeders 2014 Thread: Grey Cup Won and Broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

B3vTPdhCUAAyykK.png:large

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Finally back from this trip and it was an amazing game to be at, STAMPS ARE THE CHAMPS!!

For some reason the crowd was very anti-Calgary, I'd say it was only about 1/4 cheering for us and the rest for Hamilton and I'm not sure that came through on the TV. It added to the Stomach dropping past my crotch feeling when Banks made his run that the rest of the Stadium was ecstatic, and then our cheers of excitement were drown out by booing at the flag on the play.

Till next year and the attempted defense!

Really brought back some longing for Playoff hockey and a red mile journey though.......:sarcasm: So I will keep holding hope that we have a chance for a double cup year! (and more importantly are on track for a solid run in the future as well)

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Finally back from this trip and it was an amazing game to be at, STAMPS ARE THE CHAMPS!!

For some reason the crowd was very anti-Calgary, I'd say it was only about 1/4 cheering for us and the rest for Hamilton and I'm not sure that came through on the TV. It added to the Stomach dropping past my crotch feeling when Banks made his run that the rest of the Stadium was ecstatic, and then our cheers of excitement were drown out by booing at the flag on the play.

Till next year and the attempted defense!

Really brought back some longing for Playoff hockey and a red mile journey though.......:sarcasm: So I will keep holding hope that we have a chance for a double cup year! (and more importantly are on track for a solid run in the future as well)

Don't worry, it did. :laugh:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Did the trophy actually break? I stopped watching shortly after the award ceremony and the cup was starting to come loose, but I don't know if it actually broke off completely. It clearly wasn't a very heavy trophy cause the guy lifted it up with one hand hahaha

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Did the trophy actually break? I stopped watching shortly after the award ceremony and the cup was starting to come loose, but I don't know if it actually broke off completely. It clearly wasn't a very heavy trophy cause the guy lifted it up with one hand hahaha

I saw pictures of them with it in the locker room, where the cup had come completely detached. As to how that happened, I don't know.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Huff-n-puff announced today that he will return as Stampeders head coach for 2015 before handing the job to offensive co-ordinator Dave Dickenson.

Story: Calgary Herald

Good news IMO, as it solves both getting another year of Huff and hopefully enough job security for Dickenson to be coach year after next that he doesn't jump ship to BC or something crazy like that.

I really like Huff, we ran into him at the Rider's Grey Cup last year and he and his wife were so bombed she couldn't operate a phone to take a picture with us and him so we had to get another passer by; seemed like a friendly if strait forward guy and obviously a successful coach too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad