GDT: Calgary Flames vs Columbus Blue Jackets - 2:00PM, SNW

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Probably the game before this one. The game against Philly was pretty good from start to finish. Stayed patient against their hard trap.

Ah, was only able to catch the third of that game

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You'd never actually know that Rhett had an NHL career because all he talks about is food. :laugh:

While not the most articulate guy, I like Rhett quite a bit too. He offers some really good insight at times from a players POV. He was not a Sven fan, he questioned if he would ever be a regular NHLer because he labelled him as mentally fragile. To this point, he hasn't been wrong.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
While not the most articulate guy, I like Rhett quite a bit too. He offers some really good insight at times from a players POV. He was not a Sven fan, he questioned if he would ever be a regular NHLer because he labelled him as mentally fragile. To this point, he hasn't been wrong.

I agree. When Rhett talks about hockey, he's usually quite insightful.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Finally can talk about the game since I got to my grandmothers house in Lethbridge.

That game might hurt us. We outplayed the BJ's pretty bad. I'm pissed that we didn't get 2 points from that game. I'll give credit to the Blue Jackets, they capitalized on their opportunities. I hope that lost point doesn't haunt us.

I'm also worried that our 2nd, 3rd and 4th line aren't contributing as much offense as they should. We have to rely on Gaudreau, Monahan and Hudler to generate any offense. I think the 2nd/3rd/4th line should be mixed up a little. I also think Stajan should bump up to 3rd line center.

Boumsalot

Sponge boob
Dec 15, 2014
At Home
Finally can talk about the game since I got to my grandmothers house in Lethbridge.

That game might hurt us. We outplayed the BJ's pretty bad. I'm pissed that we didn't get 2 points from that game. I'll give credit to the Blue Jackets, they capitalized on their opportunities. I hope that lost point doesn't haunt us.

I'm also worried that our 2nd, 3rd and 4th line aren't contributing as much offense as they should. We have to rely on Gaudreau, Monahan and Hudler to generate any offense. I think the 2nd/3rd/4th line should be mixed up a little. I also think Stajan should bump up to 3rd line center.

This.

I would also like to see a Brodie-Schlemko or Brodie-Diaz pairing against Colorado.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

I still can't believe the Stajan line didn't score. The Backlund line had some okay chances, but outside of one or two good chances the Colborne line was a hot mess all game imo

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
:laugh: Kelly Hrudey after the Edmonton game:

PJ Stock: The Kings were also playing the Canucks. Huge 2 points by the Canucks. Were you watching that game too up on the little scoresheet?

Hrudey: Well, we were keeping track of it PJ, but certainly we were kind of working here if you didn't know that so it's kind of hard to watch another game when you're actually calling one. That's kind of how television works, PJ. It's difficult to watch two games when you're calling one.

PJ (trying to save face): It's the hardest thing to play in those games when you're playing and you're watching the ticker. You're watching those two other points, knowing--

Elliot: Now I understand why you were a fourth liner.

:biglaugh:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I disagree. I think Pinder is a great fit on the morning show and I don't get the impression at all that he's uncomfortable when they bug him on air. He's got a pretty good sense of humor. Also, he should be in charge of the "artist of the day" everyday, rather than Boomer and his **** music that he used to listen in his dad's pickup truck as a kid.

Cool, I'm glad to hear this (a couple of supporters).

It's just with Boomer and Warrener those guy's come across as the "cool" guys, while ostricizing Pinder. But the guy knows the game.

Also, to emphasize, I think he does a waaaay better job at handling conversation with nobodies. I don't mind Pat for his daytime stuff but he's too thin-skinned for after hours stuff on phones. Pinder deserves his own show or in general, just the call-in stuff. Pat's got some decent insight and is developing his confidence, he just lacks the easy-going call-in stuff.

Anyway, yeah, Ryan is good peeps.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

I like Rhett a lot and hopes he sticks with the show long-term.

Funny though, not sure if it's the case, but for playing 12 years in the NHL he sounds broke. The other day a texter asked what his best car was and he said a Mercedes.

I'd have to think that his average salary was 300k to 500k over 12 years. That's a lot of bread. Could be wrong though.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
:laugh: Kelly Hrudey after the Edmonton game:

PJ Stock: The Kings were also playing the Canucks. Huge 2 points by the Canucks. Were you watching that game too up on the little scoresheet?

Hrudey: Well, we were keeping track of it PJ, but certainly we were kind of working here if you didn't know that so it's kind of hard to watch another game when you're actually calling one. That's kind of how television works, PJ. It's difficult to watch two games when you're calling one.

PJ (trying to save face): It's the hardest thing to play in those games when you're playing and you're watching the ticker. You're watching those two other points, knowing--

Elliot: Now I understand why you were a fourth liner.

:biglaugh:

Haha, that's hilarious. I think TJ is tied with the other commentator I appreciate least in hockey - Eric Francis.

May 27, 2012
Earth

We don't need to touch the 4th line at all. Stajan, Ferland, and Bollig are doing great. Why fix something that isn't broken? 2nd and 3rd lines, sure. Do whatever to them.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
We don't need to touch the 4th line at all. Stajan, Ferland, and Bollig are doing great. Why fix something that isn't broken? 2nd and 3rd lines, sure. Do whatever to them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Granlund on a line with Backlund and Jones, then put Bouma with Colborne and Raymond.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Sure, but I feel Stajan needs to play on the third line.

There's no offense coming out of the second and third line; barely any sustainable pressure. The first line dominates offensively, the four line has great zone time, possession and chances... But the two middle lines don't really do much.

I understand that Backlund's line gets the toughest assignments every night; so I get a reduced point contribution... But the Colborne and Raymond line get good matchups and tend not to take the game over.

It's what I've been thinking most of the year... It's going to be great having an actual second line in the NHL next year. Bennett should get some love, I expect a UFA signing, and a trade to build a top six of:

Johnny - Monny - Hudler
X - Bennett - X
(Or swap one of the x's and Hudler if Calgary can snag a big RW that develops chemistry with JG/Monny). This will let Backlund take the tough matchups for Calgary... But at least have a second line that can put up points.

Aug 21, 2014
No production from Raymond-Colborne line. Not being able to capitalize on PP. And not being able to sustain pressure.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Colborne has been useless in 2015.

Raymond is hot and cold. He needs to be benched

Colborne started the season off really well but since coming back from injury he's been pretty meh. He's a better player than he was last year though. Doesn't seem like he's clicking with the linemates he's playing with right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad