GDT: Calgary Flames vs Columbus Blue Jackets - 2:00PM, SNW

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We need to re-sign Rene Bourque, clearly. If he's going to be this much of an ******* about it we're better off without the trouble.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Awful game from Ramo. Please go back to Hiller.

I didn't think he played too poorly. Columbus had tons of chances in 3rd and OT. The Russell giveaway wasn't his fault. Don't think the OT goal was either. And I missed the first goal. But Ramo did make quite a few good saves late in 3rd especially.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It will all come down to Flames versus Jets for the playoff

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
This game had loss written all over it when they tied it up. If we don't win our next two games, I firmly believe it's over for us.

To me if just looked like they took the 3rd off.

But with LA losing today and is picking up the point . . . We're lucky we got a point. Not sure it's as grave as you say.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
This game had loss written all over it when they tied it up. If we don't win our next two games, I firmly believe it's over for us.

No, we control our own destiny, L.A needs to take the spot away from us and they're about to go on a really tough 5 game road trip (where they've been crap this year) against The Devils, Rangers, Islanders, Wild and Blackhawks. I'd be surprised if they come up with 2 wins in that stretch. Meanwhile in our last 10 games we're only facing 3 teams in the playoffs, (NSH, STL, WPG) and one other team that's close (L.A)

Tonight I though the Backlund line and the Colborne line were brutal in the last half of the game. Bollig-Stajan-Ferland provided some energy but we were relying too heavily on Monahan, Gaudreau and Hudler. Awful giveaway by Russell but Ramo should've had that. We started off the 3rd to slow. But it was obvious that Bobrovsky stole that game. He was spectacular and without him we would've had a pretty comfortable win.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
To me if just looked like they took the 3rd off.

But with LA losing today and is picking up the point . . . We're lucky we got a point. Not sure it's as grave as you say.

Our form and play in the past four games is cause for concern. The way I see it we have two chunks of games that will decide our season: the next 6, all against Central Division teams, and the last 4, with two against teams currently contending for a playoff spot. We need, need a winning record in this first string of games and if we close this homestand with anything but 4 points then I highly doubt we'll achieve this on the road, especially given with our abysmal record against teams from that division.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
No, we control our own destiny, L.A needs to take the spot away from us and they're about to go on a really tough 5 game road trip (where they've been crap this year) against The Devils, Rangers, Islanders, Wild and Blackhawks. I'd be surprised if they come up with 2 wins in that stretch. Meanwhile in our last 10 games we're only facing 3 teams in the playoffs, (NSH, STL, WPG) and one other team that's close (L.A)

Tonight I though the Backlund line and the Colborne line were brutal in the last half of the game. Bollig-Stajan-Ferland provided some energy but we were relying too heavily on Monahan, Gaudreau and Hudler. Awful giveaway by Russell but Ramo should've had that. We started off the 3rd to slow. But it was obvious that Bobrovsky stole that game. He was spectacular and without him we would've had a pretty comfortable win.

If I'm not mistaken, we only need to stay ahead of LA, right?

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Our form and play in the past four games is cause for concern. The way I see it we have two chunks of games that will decide our season: the next 6, all against Central Division teams, and the last 4, against two teams currently contending for a playoff spot. We need, need a winning record in this first string of games and if we close this homestand with anything but 4 points then I highly doubt we'll achieve this on the road, especially given with our abysmal record against teams from that division.

I agree particularly with that first sentence. As good as everyone around them has been, I'm a little surprised the Flames are still holding down a spot. I do agree also that Flames needs to win the games they need to win over the next bit. They really need to knock off Colorado and Dallas.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's still a big point gained, albeit a big point lost at the same time. Another winnable game next game, but we need to bring our best effort for a full 60. Really seemed like we thought we had the game won after we got the lead tonight.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I worked today so I only caught the 3rd. Reading through here, I'm super glad we got a point. Credit to the Jackets though, with a heathy roster, this is a top Eastern team so they shouldn't be taken lightly whatsoever. We need 2 consecutive wins, nothing else to say.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

At this point it's not whether it's a playoff team but which team is still in a fight for something.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
We really need to go on a 4 game winning streak right now, or those last two games are going to be do or die.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I called in to the post-game show (I was "Joe"). I really like how Pinder handles calls on the show - it seems Pat takes everything too personally or something.

Anywho. Yeah, I just related that I thought Lou undersold Russell's giveaway, and then that the Flames were flat in 3rd. Also, that as much as I don't want LA in the playoffs, it's good for the game.

To add, I think Pinder's not a good fit on the morning show - Boomer and Warrener are a good duo and sort of pick on Ryan and make him uncomfortable. Anyway, I think The Fan is giving him hours so it is what it is.

I think Ryan does a much better job at taking phone-calls than Pat while Pat does a good job at handling games with Lou and call-guy (name escapes me) as well as day-time analysis shows with day-time guys. Just my opinion.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's still a big point gained, albeit a big point lost at the same time. Another winnable game next game, but we need to bring our best effort for a full 60. Really seemed like we thought we had the game won after we got the lead tonight.

I honestly do not remember the last time that's happened

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
To add, I think Pinder's not a good fit on the morning show - Boomer and Warrener are a good duo and sort of pick on Ryan and make him uncomfortable. Anyway, I think The Fan is giving him hours so it is what it is.

I disagree. I think Pinder is a great fit on the morning show and I don't get the impression at all that he's uncomfortable when they bug him on air. He's got a pretty good sense of humor. Also, he should be in charge of the "artist of the day" everyday, rather than Boomer and his **** music that he used to listen in his dad's pickup truck as a kid.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I disagree. I think Pinder is a great fit on the morning show and I don't get the impression at all that he's uncomfortable when they bug him on air. He's got a pretty good sense of humor. Also, he should be in charge of the "artist of the day" everyday, rather than Boomer and his **** music that he used to listen in his dad's pickup truck as a kid.

Agreed, these guys are radio personalities. Things definitely get played up more than they really are. It's actually quite funny how they get after him. They always talk about his sister, for a while I thought his sister was Lucy :laugh:

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I called in to the post-game show (I was "Joe"). I really like how Pinder handles calls on the show - it seems Pat takes everything too personally or something.

Anywho. Yeah, I just related that I thought Lou undersold Russell's giveaway, and then that the Flames were flat in 3rd. Also, that as much as I don't want LA in the playoffs, it's good for the game.

I think Ryan does a much better job at taking phone-calls than Pat while Pat does a good job at handling games with Lou and call-guy (name escapes me) as well as day-time analysis shows with day-time guys. Just my opinion.
I like Pinder on the morning show, mainly because the other 2 have been talking about nachos for 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00