GDT: Calgary Flames @ Nashville Predators. Rubber Match. 5 pm PST 8 pm EST

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hopefully Gilbert isn’t out for too long.

I think they threw Tomasino out to keep the rest of the game quiet. Not sure that was a penalty but I think he intended to blow him up out of frustration

Reactions: Tofveve

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
These are some nifty passes on this second half of the PP. The boys are fired up.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
It's almost like nobody (well, okay.. most) wants to just pull the trigger. Get it on net fast, bang the front and go for rebounds. They just seem tentative to get it there a lot of times.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Seems like Gilbert tries to hit him back and they both lose balance. Tomasino does drag his skate though.

Maybe I'm more sensitive to these kind of hits because I suffered a bad concussion in my teens from a slewfoot but to me when you sweep his leg like that that's when it's no longer a good bodycheck.

Gilbert might have lost balance and went down anyway but he doesn't end up fully horizontal without the action of Tomasino's lower body on his lower body. That's not the right way to perform body contact in hockey and whether it was intentional or not Gilbert is probably going to be out a while because of it.

Reactions: Boomstick

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Maybe I'm more sensitive to these kind of hits because I suffered a bad concussion in my teens from a slewfoot but to me when you sweep his leg like that that's when it's no longer a good bodycheck.

Gilbert might have lost balance and went down anyway but he doesn't end up fully horizontal without the action of Tomasino's lower body on his lower body. That's not the right way to perform body contact in hockey and whether it was intentional or not Gilbert is probably going to be out a while because of it.

I completely agree with you. Tomasino isn't exactly a goon though, it is really tough to judge. You get in a situation when you're falling and your limbs are doing whatever they can to keep you upright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad