Calgary Flames 2013 Prospect Ranking - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Not sure if serious (looks at username), oh.

I guess Klimchuk and Poirier should be ahead of Gaudreau then?

I don't agree with him based on the "pedigree" argument, but I do agree based on the fact that I think potential trumps surety. Porier and Klimchuk are both guys with alleged top 6 upside, and I think Porier is a good bet to reach it. I highly doubt Knight would reach that level of ability.

I think Knight is getting some overrating by a lot of fans because he is so NHL ready, a little bit because of shiny-new-toy effect (and particularly because he was acquired in a trade that was universally determined to be a victory for the Flames), and because his name is Corban Knight, which is awesome.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I don't agree with him based on the "pedigree" argument, but I do agree based on the fact that I think potential trumps surety. Porier and Klimchuk are both guys with alleged top 6 upside, and I think Porier is a good bet to reach it. I highly doubt Knight would reach that level of ability.

I think Knight is getting some overrating by a lot of fans because he is so NHL ready, a little bit because of shiny-new-toy effect (and particularly because he was acquired in a trade that was universally determined to be a victory for the Flames), and because his name is Corban Knight, which is awesome.
Name coolness is an integral part of player ranking. I would have thought this was common knowledge. :nod:

LetsGoFlames

Drop the puck!
Dec 18, 2011
Weyburn, Sk
Poirier or Klimchuk. For me, Poirier by a hair. Love his wheels. After those 2, Wotherspoon or Sieloff. Cupboards aren't as bare as they used to be.

Last edited:

TylerSVT*

Knight is good but i see him as a 3rd liner tops.

Wotherspoon is who i picked, i think he has top 2 pairing potential.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
If we're voting just on potential, Knight will be lower. If we're taking into consideration how well they've developed, Knight is definitely worthy of being up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad