Calgary Flames 2013 Prospect Ranking - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickHandsNoShot

May 7, 2012
Ive got to think that Reinhart has to be right behind Knight. They are really similar players, with the slight offensive edge going to Max, and the slight Defensive edge going to Corban.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Gotta go with Wotherspoon, One if not our only D-man with legitimate chance of being a solid #3 or #4 defenceman in the next few years.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Don't think he is as ready, but he could surprise at camp for sure certainly a dark horse to make the team this year.

Pretty much word for word what I said before someone reminded me he's committed to returning to college for one more year.

Anyways, went with Knight on this one. Wotherspoon is next for me. He's clearly our best D prospect, with Sieloff 2nd and Kanzig 3rd for me.

I'm highly amused how much one year has changed peoples opinions of Wotherspoon after voting him 17th last year despite a couple of us kicking up a huge fuss.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Pretty much word for word what I said before someone reminded me he's committed to returning to college for one more year.

Anyways, went with Knight on this one. Wotherspoon is next for me. He's clearly our best D prospect, with Sieloff 2nd and Kanzig 3rd for me.

I'm highly amused how much one year has changed peoples opinions of Wotherspoon after voting him 17th last year despite a couple of us kicking up a huge fuss.

Ah right, forgot that.

Well, not to toot my own horn but I had Wotherspoon in my top 10 last year and people were calling me crazy.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Ive got to think that Reinhart has to be right behind Knight. They are really similar players, with the slight offensive edge going to Max, and the slight Defensive edge going to Corban.

I've got them the other way similar but I think Reinhart can translate more of his offensive game to the pro level; and I wouldn't say Knight is that much ahead in terms of readiness time bulking up while playing in the college league is the biggest reason I see him ahead there.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I said Granlund, because I believe he has a higher ceiling and has been playing pro for a couple years. On top of that he was second only to RNH at the world juniors in terms of points. Also at Dev Camp he showed some really top end talent as well as the ability to win draws.

I could definitely see him fitting into the top six one day whether at center, or as a winger that can win Backlunds faceoffs.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I still want to see how Wotherspoon adjusts to the pro game. Yes his defensive play is phenomenal but I want to see how he does against pro scorers. Because he is a player with very little offensive upside, it's hard to get a read on him until he gets a bunch of AHL games under his belt.

Also, he has been playing on an unbelievably stacked team for the past three years. I'm curious to see how he does on a mediocre Heat team, particularly when he is one of potentially three rookie defensemen (Wotherspoon, Ramage, and possibly Culkin).

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica

been a fan of Tspoon ever since I started following Bart on portland. Guy's so good on the defensive side that he'll be a NHLer for sure, Nik Hjalmarsson-lite

Mar 1, 2013
Toronto
been a fan of Tspoon ever since I started following Bart on portland. Guy's so good on the defensive side that he'll be a NHLer for sure, Nik Hjalmarsson-lite

Call me a homer for our prospects but I think Wotherspoon can be just as good as Hjalmarsson

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Should be Klimchuk or Porrier

Otherwise they are less of a prospect than a 4th round....:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad