Post-Game Talk: Calgary @ Carolina: My First GDT Edition! 4:00PM MT SN

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wonder if the Flames realize that just because they're no fans there that this is not an exhibition game. Oh man we got schooled.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Pretty telling I was happy to switch to the other blowout game because that was more interesting, and I don't even really care for the NFL.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
So current road trip:

1-2-1.

A loss tomorrow, for me, is the end of the season.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Call me a pessimist but I'm already there. We just aren't consistent enough and the games are only going to get tougher.

Bit of a gap now even between 2nd and Calgary (9 points, CGY with GIH). When we had the chance to really make a run we came really, really short; and that cost baldy. Had a stretch against Pacific division opponents, lost all of them.

As you mention, the consistency isn't there. Goaltending is back to being poor, way too many giveaways, the forwards don't really work as a unit... Just not a great team this year. We could really, really use another top talent.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
In hindsight, it's kind of spectacular how everyone on our team had career seasons last year. Like, simultaneously. The definition of catching lightning in a bottle.

Oh well. This season hasn't been as successful as we would have hoped, but it's probably better in the long run that we pick up a good young player in the draft. Stepping stones.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
I was at the game last night. Wideman was the worst player on the ice, but seemed to be out there every second shift. Completely baffling player usage again by Hartley. Brodie and gio were good, the Bennett line was good. That was about it.

I think the playoff dream died a while ago for me too. Hopefully we can get a higher pick and clean out the coaching staff and the vets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad