Cale Makar vs Connor Bedard, with a twist

What do you do?

• Total voters

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Of course he's a superstar defender. He's not a better player than Ray Bourque. People forget how good Ray Bourque was.
I think Bourque is very underrated on these boards, his name rarely comes up in “greats” discussions but it was essentially taken for granted he was the best defenseman of basically 2 decades when he was still playing.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Option three and hope the team I'm trading with is MTL. Then when they big brain themselves I can decide which of these two I want while also getting the 7th.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Bedard has come in and proven he's going to be an elite player for a long time, so I felt like this poll could be interesting.

With the benefit of hindsight, suppose each guy is 18 and entering the NHL draft in the same year. Your team is lucky enough to hold the number 1 pick, guaranteeing you a franchise altering player. The team with the #2 pick has offered you the 7th pick in the 2024 draft to swap picks with them. You have no idea who they are planning to pick.

What do you do?
Too many variables. What is the teams depth chart looking like. Who is available at 7? The 7th pick in 2023 was Michkov. I take Makar and Michkov pretty easily.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
2 Scenarios.
If there is a top line projected quality center available around 7 or I feel #7 could be used to get one with that potential.
Take the gamble on missing out on Makar but gain #7. (would be easy to guess who is going to be taken by the team trading up based on their current roster construction and prospect pool)

If i was convinced they were trading up to get Makar, then not making that trade.
I'll build around the #1, and try next year for a #1 center.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Bedard is special.

Dont galaxy brain it, just pick the future superstar.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
I think i still have to take Bedard outright. He's already so good. I think he has potential to score 65+ goals with his shot every year. He will win cups seems like Blackhawks are doing things the right way. Makar is really amazing obviously, and has the cup win and conn Smythe with a huge performance. He's clutch but it's like Bedard is the mystery box, I can't escape the allure of his potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad