3oZn.gif

Um... what?

My bad. I thought nhl draft lottery hasn’t happened yet. :facepalm:

Had to google the info

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Question.

NHL players don't get paid in the post-season, correct?
This kid was not signed during the regular season, correct?

If so, is he not getting paid? I assume a bonus maybe...

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Question.

NHL players don't get paid in the post-season, correct?
This kid was not signed during the regular season, correct?

If so, is he not getting paid? I assume a bonus maybe...
I believe he gets paid for the entire season now that he's played a game.

He gets an 800k bonus if he wins the Conn Smyth.

I'd like to see him win it.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
**** our amateur scouts are gooooooood

relax, he was a top-10 on most draft boards, and most had him going in the 4-6 range. Its not as if he was some diamond in the rough you plucked in the 5th round.

Nov 24, 2006
-First game in the NHL is in the middle of a playoff series
-scores his first goal ever (with mom and dad in the crowd)
-against the city he was born in
-ends up being the GWG

Love stories like this. Couldn't have gone any better. He looked awesome out there tonight.
Agreed, this is like a dream come true for every kid drafted.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What a lovely debut. Had some sloppy moments and he wasn't really asserting his will against the puck the way we've seen him do for UMASS, but still made a positive impact, showed flashes of what he can do, and even picked up a goal. Couldn't ask for too much more from a rookie in their first match :yo:

Have a look at the Avalanche board on the day he was drafted.

To see me gloating? :naughty:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
relax, he was a top-10 on most draft boards, and most had him going in the 4-6 range. Its not as if he was some diamond in the rough you plucked in the 5th round.

That was a joke on a dude saying he was drafted when he was eight. Work on your reading comprehension please.

bruinsden

PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
Jul 2, 2006
Rhode Island
Curious, is he getting paid to play right now? I know the salaries are based off of the 82 regular season game. Are there playoff shares that the players get per series?

Esko

Sep 23, 2015
For anyone too lazy to lookup some Avs fan takes from the Makar selection- pretty funny reactions. On draft night I do recall most analysts saying that Makar was a pretty high boom/bust prospect. Glad that it has worked out for Makar and the Avalanche, I thought his debut was real impressive.

no Makar! Please no Makar! Please no Makar!

I don't want Cale Makar whatsoever. If that's who the Avs select, it'll be another blunder IMO on a long, long list of blunders for Joe Sakic & co.

Not excited at all. Damn. So disappointed with this 4th pick.

Worst case ontario just happened, now watch Duchene not even be traded.

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
For anyone too lazy to lookup some Avs fan takes from the Makar selection- pretty funny reactions. On draft night I do recall most analysts saying that Makar was a pretty high boom/bust prospect. Glad that it has worked out for Makar and the Avalanche, I thought his debut was real impressive.
These people are all hiding in a spider hole in Broomfield. God rest their poor souls.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

coldhands

Jan 25, 2012
BC
Is there actually proof of that?

Not trying to call you out or anything. I've seen it mentioned a few times that some teams had him as their number 1. Don't know if there's ever been proof though?

I believe Linden mentioned it in an interview when pressed about who they would have taken number one. Hischier and Patrick weren't in their top 3. I think it was 1. Makar 2. Pettersson 3. Heiskanen

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I think a lot of the apprehension with Makar at 4 came from the fact that we had the worst season, got skroinked in the draft lottery (déjà vu), and then barely missed out on Miro Heiskanen, who was universally agreed to be a stud and hasn’t disappointed.

Makar looks like he could actually be better, which would frankly blow my mind. His physical tools are off the charts.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad