Calder Trophy 06-07

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Jackmans Domain said:
Anybody who believe that Shawn Belle is a legitimate candidate to finish in the TOP-10 of the Calder race next year is going to be greatly disappointed....
He's on his 3rd team....coming out of one of the deepest drafts of the last 2 decades....
I'd be shocked if he ever becomes anything more than a 4th/5th D-man....let alone R-O-Y candidate....
I don't want to say 2 teams have given up on him already.....but two teams have thought enough of him to trade him for less than star-quality players.
Shawn Belle is looking a lot like Jeff Woywitka from a Blues POV....and that's not encouraging for Minnesota fans...

i didnt mean he would contend for ROY. i meant that he COULD make the Wild team.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
Dustin Penner is still eligible.

He could have a rookie season like Michael Ryder or even better.

I´d put him in the top 3 for ROY. He will turn 24 before the season starts and thats a big advantage against guys like Radulov or Schremp b/c he already has two profi seasons under his belt. He knows what to do in the offseason to be even more competitive next year due to his reg. season and playoff stint with the ducks.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
One of these five:

Malkin, Schremp, Radulov, Wolski, J.Johnson(just to get a defenseman in there)

Its pretty much Malkin's trophy to lose. Not only does he have better scoring ability than any other rookie, he is also an extremely mature player.

That said, Ovechkin's gonna BREAK THE RECORD for calder trophys and win it two years in a row. :sarcasm:

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Captain Conservative said:
One of these five:

Malkin, Schremp, Radulov, Wolski, J.Johnson(just to get a defenseman in there)

Its pretty much Malkin's trophy to lose. Not only does he have better scoring ability than any other rookie, he is also an extremely mature player.

That said, Ovechkin's gonna BREAK THE RECORD for calder trophys and win it two years in a row. :sarcasm:

For starters Jack Johnson will be back in the NCAA next year. And how can you have Schremp ahead of Brule?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad