C Vladislav Kamenev (2014, 42nd, NSH; traded to COL)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
CanadianHockeyLeague @CHLHockey 25m
2nd overall pick in the #CHL Import Draft is 2014 #NHLDraft @PredsNHL pick LW Vladislav Kamenev (RUS) selected by @quebec_remparts

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
CanadianHockeyLeague @CHLHockey 25m
2nd overall pick in the #CHL Import Draft is 2014 #NHLDraft @PredsNHL pick LW Vladislav Kamenev (RUS) selected by @quebec_remparts

Does he project to play wing or center? Was really hoping he would be a good C for the Preds down the line

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
was hoping the canucks would take him with their second but we opted for demko (another good pick)

I look forward to seeing Kamenev in North America, I like his game.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
It is hard to read that article it is like it is written in a foreign language:sarcasm:

Hopefully he gets away from the KHL and wants to play in the NHL. Is there some law that every Russian drafted by the Preds has to play for the Remparts?

Good thing I know that language. ;)

If his role in KHL is limited it would only make sense to come over, if he is guaranteed icetime it would be best for him to stay.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Good thing I know that language. ;)

If his role in KHL is limited it would only make sense to come over, if he is guaranteed icetime it would be best for him to stay.
Given this team's history with the KHL it is best to get him in NA ASAP.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
No, Mike Keenan is now in MMK, he likes the kid, so it would probably be in his best interest to stay 1 more year. I don't think there would be an issue with him leaving if he honoured 1 more year of his contract. Velichkin the GM has already gone on record saying he expects Kamenev at camp BTW. MMG is not the bad guy here, don't sign a contract if you don't intend to honour it. I know the malkin story well, but this is much different.

Northman77

Jun 12, 2013
No, Mike Keenan is now in MMK, he likes the kid, so it would probably be in his best interest to stay 1 more year. I don't think there would be an issue with him leaving if he honoured 1 more year of his contract. Velichkin the GM has already gone on record saying he expects Kamenev at camp BTW. MMG is not the bad guy here, don't sign a contract if you don't intend to honour it. I know the malkin story well, but this is much different.

Yeah, that is what got me interested in Kamenev - Keenan giving ice time and responsibility to someone that young, particularly in a championship run. Intriguing.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Something the KHL should adhere to also.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=725874&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"We are very thankful to Metallurg Magnitogorsk organization for allowing Vlad to participate in Nashville's development camp, but right after it's over my client is coming back home to fulfill his contract obligations with his KHL club first, and then definitely fight for a roster spot in Nashville," Saglo wrote.

Grigorenko's KHL agent used to say the same!

Isn't Saglo the same agent who told the same reporter that he was trying to terminate his contract with Metallurg? I think he is... :sarcasm: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=721117

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I think Kamenev thought he could get out of his KHL contract and it didn't go as he expected. It looks like he's signed through the 2015-16 season. After that, I expect Kamenev to come over.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I think Kamenev thought he could get out of his KHL contract and it didn't go as he expected. It looks like he's signed through the 2015-16 season. After that, I expect Kamenev to come over.

I expect him to stay in NA right away...

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
His initial plan was to play in the Q next season, but if he can't get out of his contract with Metallurg then he doesn't have much of a choice.

I can't believe Quebec would have drafted him without knowing if he could get out of his contract or not. They had the 2nd overall and that pick was very important to them. They had lots of options with that pick. They wouldn't have taken a player who they weren't sure with. As far as we know in Quebec, he will report. Of course, his KHL agent will say otherwise. If he comes over, he loses him! Like I said, Grigorenko's agent was saying the exact same thing.

If they did drafted him and he's binded by his contract next season, they have the worst management ever. I'm not saying it isn't a possibility, just having a hard time believing he won't report at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad