C Vladislav Kamenev (2014, 42nd, NSH; traded to COL)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Here's an update from the combine on Kamenev's NA plans:
"I want to come here next season and my agent is currently in talks with team management in Magnitogorsk and I hope they will let me come here," Kamenev told NHL.com through interpreter Natalia Taran.

Rostyslav Saglo, who serves as Kamenev's agent in the KHL, confirmed for NHL.com that conversations have been ongoing with Magnitogorsk with regard to his contract. He said a decision should be rendered within the week.

"We are working on the termination of his contract and Vlad does want to play in North America next year in order to get closer to his dream of playing in NHL," Saglo wrote in an email. "We believe that he'll get a better development and more ice time on your side of the ocean, which is crucial at his age."
If he's able to get that sorted, that'll certainly help his draft stock and you'd probably see him in the CHL somewhere.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
He has a two year contract in Magnitogorsk I believe. But if he comes over I presume he'd play in the AHL?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
He has a two year contract in Magnitogorsk I believe. But if he comes over I presume he'd play in the AHL?

Maybe he'll go straight to the AHL similar to Prokhorkin did after the 2012 draft.
Yeah, there's two years to terminate, and sure, the AHL's another option, but I think it'll end up being a drafting team's preference sort of thing. He's still among the younger eligibles in this draft, so I think a year of CHL then AHL would be good for nurturing his offensive development. Obviously, if he shows up to a summer and/or training camp looking like he'd fit in just fine in the AHL, than so be it.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Certainly makes his position in the final DraftBuzz ranking more fitting than reach with this news.

For conjecture, if he played this year in NA he would probably be right up there with Barbashev.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Yeah, there's two years to terminate, and sure, the AHL's another option, but I think it'll end up being a drafting team's preference sort of thing. He's still among the younger eligibles in this draft, so I think a year of CHL then AHL would be good for nurturing his offensive development. Obviously, if he shows up to a summer and/or training camp looking like he'd fit in just fine in the AHL, than so be it.

Would he take up an import spot on a CHL team? Of the teams available with a spot it could limit him.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Too bad, he would be better suited in Russia for a few years. Keenan trusts Kamanev and would be good for him. If not the KHL then the VHL would have done him a world of wonders.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
If a team felt like they had a good shot of Kamenev coming over would he be worth a first round pick? He certainly seems like a first round talent, and in a weak draft like this is might be worth the risk if you are picking in the 20-30 range.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
If a team felt like they had a good shot of Kamenev coming over would he be worth a first round pick? He certainly seems like a first round talent, and in a weak draft like this is might be worth the risk if you are picking in the 20-30 range.

If TB takes him at 28, I'd be completely okay with it. I'm not sure about teams as high as 20 though.

BacklundtoBartschi*

This guy intrigues me. Who are comparable players?

Do you think he'll be there by pick 34 for the Flames?

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Tell me about this guy and who he can compare to or realistic expectations. Word is he wants to come over to NA this year, I'm thinking he could be considered a steal if he comes over, analyst raved about this guy

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Patience, just patience. :)

Big physical center, good both at offensive and defensive duties, doesn't afraid to battle for the puck, could be a good second line center (I heard some scouts are projecting him also as a winger), also looks like his playing style would fit to NA hockey. Still needs to mature and control his emotions. Contract situation is kind of tricky, Kamenev himself expressed his desire to break his KHL contract and go to NA right away, but that's not an easy thing to do, since there are still 2 years left on his contract.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Patience, just patience. :)

Big physical center, good both at offensive and defensive duties, doesn't afraid to battle for the puck, could be a good second line center (I heard some scouts are projecting him also as a winger), also looks like his playing style would fit to NA hockey. Still needs to mature and control his emotions. Contract situation is kind of tricky, Kamenev himself expressed his desire to break his KHL contract and go to NA right away, but that's not an easy thing to do, since there are still 2 years left on his contract.

Thanks! I tried finding some videos of him on Youtube but i had no luck. One thing the Preds are good at is not rushing prospects, hopefully he can come to Milwaukee and play against AHL competition for a couple years with Aberg, Leipsic, Fiala, and Salomaki. That could be our next wave of players, and a good group at that

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Tell me about this guy and who he can compare to or realistic expectations. Word is he wants to come over to NA this year, I'm thinking he could be considered a steal if he comes over, analyst raved about this guy

Redline compared him stylistically to his fellow countryman Rayan O'Rayli and both Redline and Draftbuzz had him ranked in the early 20's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad