C Trevor Zegras (2019, 9th, ANA) Part 2

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I wanted the Kings to draft him but figured they wouldn't. They were very close though but weren't sure how his style would suit the NHL. I don't blame them for selecting Turcotte and he may end up a better fit for LA anyway. Zegras is insanely skilled but has a ton to work on to become a star.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Rangers fan. Gonna force his way home sooner or later :nod:
His dad is a big time Rangers fan. I cannot remember a precise thing, but there was something about him not wanting to wear any other jersey.

As a Ducks fan this does make me a bit worried, but we'll see :)

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I wanted the Kings to draft him but figured they wouldn't. They were very close though but weren't sure how his style would suit the NHL. I don't blame them for selecting Turcotte and he may end up a better fit for LA anyway. Zegras is insanely skilled but has a ton to work on to become a star.
Eh, a 70 point pace as a 20 year old and already the face of NHL advertising...I'd say he is a star already.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

There was an interview recently where zegras talks about being pretty sure hed end up drafted by the kings

Hell put the work in... i dont think anyones ever criticized zegras work ethic or will to win.... hes already kinda clicking as a 1c with questionable help on his line. Id argue after this year hell be flirting with being a Star... he already has 3 of the more memorable goals of the year... and some of the best interviews, hes turned a very bad ducks team into a playoff contender... and he seems like hes been great with the team as a locker room presence/motivating players.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
There was an interview recently where zegras talks about being pretty sure hed end up drafted by the kings

Hell put the work in... i dont think anyones ever criticized zegras work ethic or will to win.... hes already kinda clicking as a 1c with questionable help on his line. Id argue after this year hell be flirting with being a Star... he already has 3 of the more memorable goals of the year... and some of the best interviews, hes turned a very bad ducks team into a playoff contender... and he seems like hes been great with the team as a locker room presence/motivating players.

I meant more of a franchise changing complete player that every team wants. Is he Bergeron or Savard? Is he Draisaitl or Nugent Hopkins who was moved to wing because he's not great on draws?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I meant more of a franchise changing complete player that every team wants. Is he Bergeron or Savard? Is he Draisaitl or Nugent Hopkins who was moved to wing because he's not great on draws?
Wasnt prime Savard a star? I feel like id put him in star catagory (at least during his prime)... hes already been a franchise changing player in anaheim(marketing and what not)... but i assume your talking more or less about playoffs... and building a winning franchise.

And ya we got time to see... his biggest weaknesses now is that he prob gets fancy too often when he doesnt need to(which hes seemed to cut out a bit lately), and playing defense when the other team has possession in our zone... hes good defending in the forcheck /nuetral zone but definitely guilty of getting lost in our end when other team has zone control

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Savard had multiple top 10 scoring seasons and 5 straight season over PPG before injuries/age slowed him down.

I will be very happy if Zegras ends up on that level.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
His dad is a big time Rangers fan. I cannot remember a precise thing, but there was something about him not wanting to wear any other jersey.

As a Ducks fan this does make me a bit worried, but we'll see :)

Zegras may have been raised in New York, but the dude is a made for SoCal living. I don’t see him going anywhere.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Zegras may have been raised in New York, but the dude is a made for SoCal living. I don’t see him going anywhere.
Yeah, haha.

Besides, the ''I want to play for my hometown team so bad'' is rarely the case. Like Gibby and Pittsburgh. Once a player gets to the UFA status, he would be already rooted in the area and more inclined to stay.
So, unless we really fail to keep up with his demands or something (which I'm not that worried), he should not be requesting to go anywhere. He also doesn't seem the type to do smth like that.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Yeah I think everyone thinks it would be cool to play for your childhood team. But in reality when you are offered 50+million dollars especially as an RFA it’s really not that big a factor. Only have to worry prior to signing the ELC and staying in college or in scenarios like Tavares where the bridge took him to UFA in his prime. Only then it may factor in. But Zegras will sign a hefty extension whenever the time is and be in Anaheim a long time.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I remember a lot of people tying zegras to Chicago before the draft too. I'm sure both teams wish they took zegras instead now.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Playing at home isn't for everyone that being said he seems like a person that would be miserable in a losing organization so it's important for Anaheim to build a winning team.
Agreed his will to win and desire to win is underrated. He f***ing hates losing.

O6OG

Feb 15, 2022
Zegras will be a top 10 superstar within a few years.

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
“I’ve been watching him (Seider) a lot lately, because you hear the buzz around the league between him and (Lucas) Raymond, up for rookie of the year, both of them very skilled and very good players, unique players. Seider stands out to me because he’s a big guy, great puck mover, he has a physicality to his game. Real strong defender, but then he also has this sort of understated offensive ability.

“Like he’s really — there’s a lot of characteristics that I see in him that I see in (Devon) Toews. Doesn’t make a lot of mistakes, he’s a big, strong, physical guy, too, so those guys don’t come around very often. Being as young as he is, I think he’s going to be a real good player for a long time in this league. He’s going to be a superstar.”

-Jared Bednar (Avalanche Head Coach)
Are you lost?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Yes but Bergeron has always been a more valuable player.

I don't think you value these players enough, this is kind of like Patrick Kane all over again. Creators of offense that can stickhandle and distribute the puck like this kid can are insanely valuable and hard to find. There just aren't that many players with this type of offensive skill available in any given draft. I think he's way closer to a star than you think, and the Kings would be in amazing shape with him and QB in the organization at 20 and 19 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad