C Sam Reinhart (2014, 2nd, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfest*

It would be pretty cool to to see the Flames pick Griffin in 2012 and Sam in 2013.

Jul 10, 2010
lets imagine sam was a 2013 for a minute. you have the #1 pick and need a forward. who do you take, him, or mackinnon?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Could he beat ekblad out for #1 in 2014?

oh ya I think so...I like Ekblad but Reinhart is going to be I think momre dynamic than him...I compare Reinhart to Rick Nash...I find they play a bit the same...they look the same in size and skating ability as well has puck handling...I think Reinhart is my top runner for 2014.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I'd say it's:
1) Reinhart
2) Ekblad
3) Ho-Sang

I say Jake Virtanen could be in the running for these spots after Reinhart...I saw everyone play that is list and I think Ho-sang is better than Ekblad myself, I also think Viertanen is an amazing prospect who is on the same level as Ho-Sang myself...virtanen is a great playmaker as well as a strong player and excellent goal scorer...Ho-Sang has amazing speed, magical puck handling and a great scoring ability I would like to see him pass more which is what Virtanen does...I love them all myself I have:

1. Sam Reinhart
2. Joshua Ho-Sang
3. Jake Virtanen
4. Aaron Ekblad

Last edited:

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
oh ya I think so...I like Ekblad but Reinhart is going to be I think momre dynamic than him...I compare Reinhart to Rick Nash...I find they play a bit the same...they look the same in size and skating ability as well has puck handling...I think Reinhart is my top runner for 2014.

What height is he ? He's liste as 6'1" on the WHL website, but does he project to stay this height like Max or is he likely to reach Griffin's size ? Also, how would you rate his hockey sense and vision overall (since he seems to possess every other attribute) ?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
What height is he ? He's liste as 6'1" on the WHL website, but does he project to stay this height like Max or is he likely to reach Griffin's size ? Also, how would you rate his hockey sense and vision overall (since he seems to possess every other attribute) ?

lol how can anyone predict this?

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
HS and vision ate both exceptional for his age.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Have a feeling he will be scrutinized like Couturier was since he will have an extra year of eyes on him.

I think he is the best young forward in the WHL. I think he has more offense then Lazar and he is bigger then Forsberg. Virtanen is interesting guy too but we won't see him till next year.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I say Jake Virtanen could be in the running for these spots after Reinhart...I saw everyone play that is list and I think Ho-sang is better than Ekblad myself, I also think Viertanen is an amazing prospect who is on the same level as Ho-Sang myself...virtanen is a great playmaker as well as a strong player and excellent goal scorer...Ho-Sang has amazing speed, magical puck handling and a great scoring ability I would like to see him pass more which is what Virtanen does...I love them all myself I have:

1. Sam Reinhart
2. Joshua Ho-Sang
3. Jake Virtanen
4. Aaron Ekblad

I completely forgot about Virtanen. He's probably 4th on my list, since I haven't watch a whole lot or know much about him.

Just need to look at body type. Someone well connected could know.

Not really. There's no way to predict whether he'll gain height or not. Even if you did some x-rays, it would only tell you whether there's the possibility he'll gain height. The only thing you could say is that he's unlikely to gain 3 inches and match Griffin since he's already 16 and that would be out of the ordinary.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

cant help but think he would grow another inch or 2 to be around 6'02 or 6'03...his hockey sense and vision are exceptional, there is nothing i do not like about this prospect.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
He seems to be greatly outplaying the 2013 picks; Forsberg and Lazar.

Max seems to be helping him out a bit; almost every goal Sam scores seems to have Max on the first assist, and vice versa. This is exactly the situation I was hoping to see this year in Kootenay.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Bump. Expect a massive season out of him next year. Will be awesome to see him and Virtanen go head to head in the WHL for 2 years.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Bump. Expect a massive season out of him next year. Will be awesome to see him and Virtanen go head to head in the WHL for 2 years.

Not sure it's safe to say we can expect a massive season. He's losing his brother and linemate Max Reinhart to the AHL and won't have a ton to work with on the ice for the Ice. I could see similar numbers next year, actually.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I was curious... Does Reinhart's 11 WHL games played (reg. + playoffs) in 10/11 count as a WHL season-played for the AHL required 4 CHL seasons?

In other words, would Reinhart be eligible to go directly to the AHL after the 2014 draft?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I was curious... Does Reinhart's 11 WHL games played (reg. + playoffs) in 10/11 count as a WHL season-played for the AHL required 4 CHL seasons?

In other words, would Reinhart be eligible to go directly to the AHL after the 2014 draft?
No, those games do not count as a season.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
WHL rookie of the year last year....62 pts in 67 games

C at Hlinka.

Off to a good start....leading the Ice in scoring - 2g 6a = 8pts.

Late b-day, so will be draft eligible in 2014.

I don't know a lot about the Euro kids...but amongst the N. Am crowd he has to be a preliminary #1 for '14 (and, yes, over Ekblad).

any WHL watchers have any updates to add?

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
WHL rookie of the year last year....62 pts in 67 games

C at Hlinka.

Off to a good start....leading the Ice in scoring - 2g 6a = 8pts.

Late b-day, so will be draft eligible in 2014.

I don't know a lot about the Euro kids...but amongst the N. Am crowd he has to be a preliminary #1 for '14 (and, yes, over Ekblad).

any WHL watchers have any updates to add?

Watching him tonight, will post more thoughts after the game is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce