C Ryan Donato (2014, 56th, BOS)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is there any word if he plans on signing after his season ends? or will he be back for his senior year at Harvard???

CANT WAIT to see him in the NHL... he was unreal at the Olympics

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Is there any word if he plans on signing after his season ends? or will he be back for his senior year at Harvard???

CANT WAIT to see him in the NHL... he was unreal at the Olympics
He is back in Harvard and they will have a tough time going the distance. Maybe he comes out after they are eliminated and adds some speed and scoring to the Bruins. His dad coaches Harvard so it has to be a weird situation for the kid as his dad also was a Bruin.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Harvard is also "technically" getting top defensemen Bode Wilde next year- he might want to stick around and play with a top talent like that...and I say technically as there are rumors he might go to BU instead....we will know more shortly though.

Reactions: Fixxer

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bruins fans were waiting to see what Donato would be doing after Harvard finishes the year. They have to wait as he is leading his team onward. They were down 1-0 in games to Dartmouth in a best 2 out of 3 series. In game 2 and game he had one goal and 3 assists with one goal being called back and plus 3. Game 3, he had a hat trick and plus 3. Not bad 2 games = 4 goals, 7 pts and plus 6.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Harvard is also "technically" getting top defensemen Bode Wilde next year- he might want to stick around and play with a top talent like that...and I say technically as there are rumors he might go to BU instead....we will know more shortly though.

Have a real hard time seeing him go to BU considering his dad is the coach at Harvard :laugh:

Oh you meant Wilde, never mind

Anyways, considering how the Bruins seem to be handling most of their NCAA prospects, would be very surprised if he wasn't signed at the end of his season.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Have a real hard time seeing him go to BU considering his dad is the coach at Harvard :laugh:

Oh you meant Wilde, never mind

Anyways, considering how the Bruins seem to be handling most of their NCAA prospects, would be very surprised if he wasn't signed at the end of his season.
and to make it even worse, it wasn't even Wilde I wanted to say as he is going to Michigan (he de-commited from Harvard last year)..it is Oliver Wahlstrom heading to Harvard....lol!!! so just a mess post by me and thanks for quoting it again!! hahaha

Reactions: DrJustice

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Donato ended up with 6 points in 5 Olympic games while playing his junior season at Harvard. Donato’s stats this year = 41 points in 28 games. In his 3 years his total's are 102 points in 96 games. He is a top 10 finalist for the Hobey Baker. All eyes are on him now to see what his next move is. Not much more for him to prove in College. I say move on to the AHL and work his way up.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
where the hell can they play him???? lol once all injuries return where can he slot in?

Not sure he makes it into a healthy roster, but there is plenty of opportunity with Bergeron, Backes and DeBrusk out. If he plays really well, he may supplant Heinen, who has played great most of the year but struggled of late.

Reactions: AmericanDream

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
where the hell can they play him???? lol once all injuries return where can he slot in?

I think there is a real chance you see him on the 2nd line with Krejci and Nash. while DeBrusk is out.

If not, centering the 3rd line with Gionta and Wingles is where he will probably start out.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I've been saying for a couple of years now that Donato is the best young Bruins forward in the system after Pasta. The kid has all the tools and has an excellent supporting cast; he doesn't have to be the go-to young star on a struggling team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad