C/RW Jonatan Berggren - Skelleftea, SWE JRs (2018, 33rd, DET)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Goal from today:

Looked good through four periods so far. Could see him being one of the main offensive contributors on this swedish Hlinka Memorial team.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yeah, it's funny.....I watched the Canada game, was more so watching others, even on Sweden, and I kept seeing #17 making stuff happen in what seemed like bottom 6 minutes. Had to look him up. I'm not even sure he was on the PP either. But I only saw the Canada and Russia games. He was constantly buzzing, showing off his quickness and skill (smart skill), and wherever the puck was, he was either on it or around it. Even for a smaller guy, he was pretty strong on his skates and was forechecking/backchecking well too.

Then in the Russia game he must've not played the entire 2nd period and halfway through the 3rd because I was keeping an eye out for him. His second shift back he scores that much needed goal. Then he gets bumped from playing mostly with Eriksson and Gustafsson to playing every shift in the top 6 the rest of the game, with Olofsson or Back, and even starting OT. It was weird, and I'm not sure what happened.

Regardless, Berggren stood out and forced me to notice him.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Yeah, it's funny.....I watched the Canada game, was more so watching others, even on Sweden, and I kept seeing #17 making stuff happen in what seemed like bottom 6 minutes. Had to look him up. I'm not even sure he was on the PP either. But I only saw the Canada and Russia games. He was constantly buzzing, showing off his quickness and skill (smart skill), and wherever the puck was, he was either on it or around it. Even for a smaller guy, he was pretty strong on his skates and was forechecking/backchecking well too.

Then in the Russia game he must've not played the entire 2nd period and halfway through the 3rd because I was keeping an eye out for him. His second shift back he scores that much needed goal. Then he gets bumped from playing mostly with Eriksson and Gustafsson to playing every shift in the top 6 the rest of the game, with Olofsson or Back, and even starting OT. It was weird, and I'm not sure what happened.

Regardless, Berggren stood out and forced me to notice him.

Yep. He was very good in the two games prior to the Hlinka too. Really like his speed and skill. Seemed to get limited ice time in some games when there was a lot of special teams play. Good motor and creates a lot offensively. I think he was maybe the best swedish forward together with Wernblom throughout the tournament, although I didn't see all of the games. Curious to see what type of season he has and how many games he'll get in at the SHL level.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
26 points in 21 games in SuperElit now. Goal from the weekend:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Very little talk on this kid, and most swedish prospects this year outside of Dahlin and Boqvist I guess...but Berggren had a hell of a year. Finished the regular season in juniors with 57 points in 38 games (and also had 5 points in 3 playoff games) and dressed for 10 SHL games. PPG through 13 international games too. I wonder if he can sneak into the back-half of the 1st round. Probably not, but it wouldn't surprise me if he'll be there in a re-draft 5 years from now.

Bozek J

Nov 21, 2017
@Zaddy // Berggren have impressed me every game in J20 with skellefteå and now today he was great in SHL and assist to the first goal...
And maked hell of a passes.. Im think Berggren > Round 1... Time will tell!

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I think he's definitely a 1st round talent, 2 inches taller and he'd be at least top-10.

Reactions: 21 Savage

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Hoping to grab him at the top of the 2nd. The Sabres must always draft a Swedish forward in the second round. It’s the law.

Bozek J

Nov 21, 2017
Berggren won the prize of the best forward in superelit and Got a place in the swe u18 in russia. This kid has skills....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad